Ballot Initiative to End NR Big Game Hunting?

BenInMT

I think MT voters would pass a ballot initiative to end all non resident big game hunting. After all of the shady legislative efforts I feel like this would be the ultimate F you to outfitters, absentee landowners and basically everyone who has tried to strip away what little we have left. Who up for some signature gathering? Any lawyers in the house?

This is the best idea I’ve had all day.

I'm not here, yet. That said, someone from New Mexico recently told me that only 10% of their tags go to a public draw. If that were the case, I would probably entertain the idea more. But then again, that itself wouldn't solve the problem. There are plenty of residents - more in Montana everyday - who have the scratch to price me and mine out of hunting, nonresidents aside.

We gotta keep up the good fight, and I don't think this would be a net-benefit the cause.

I hope you’re either drunk or kidding. Or both.

Let’s see, I’ll cut off my thumb because it stinks after I scratch my ass.

What are you trying to accomplish? If you want to improve public land hunting, great. Focus on policy that does that. Punitive measures like this will just waste time and money, and leave you in the same spot you’re in now. Or worse because your credibility is now zero.

As a Montana resident that likes to hunt other states it would be a no for me. I don’t dislike outfitters or nonresident hunters. A little management of wildlife would go a long way. Endless opportunity has led to no opportunity.

I think we all benefit from NR’s having a FAIR opportunity to hunt in each other’s states. Fair for residents in that they are the primary beneficiaries of the arrangement. We need conservation allies, and opportunities to build bridges, not each to their own.

I hope you’re either drunk or kidding. Or both.

Let’s see, I’ll cut off my thumb because it stinks after I scratch my ass.

What are you trying to accomplish? If you want to improve public land hunting, great. Focus on policy that does that. Punitive measures like this will just waste time and money, and leave you in the same spot you’re in now. Or worse because your credibility is now zero.
Trying to accomplish a lot of things and this kills a lot of birds with one stone. It’s not punitive. No one is in fact entitled to come to Montana and satisfy their blood thirst on our game.

Trying to accomplish a lot of things and this kills a lot of birds with one stone. It’s not punitive. No one is in fact entitled to come to Montana and satisfy their blood thirst on our game.
It’s a broken system montana residents would fill the void. The only management in Montana comes from private land. Mtfwp doesn’t manage wildlife they just provide tags.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back