MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Bad idea?

nidahunter

I have always thought it would be cool to get my stock camo dipped. I have a Tikka w/ synthetic stock and right now my handloads shoot just at 1 inch at 100 yards. Would it be a mistake to have the stock taken off for dipping purposes or will the gun still shoot as accurately after putting it back together? Tikkas have such a reputation for accuracy I do not want to do anything that would affect that.

I've contemplated the same thing, but haven't made a move yet. I think you're safe if you torque the action screws properly, but just as importantly you'll need to make sure the recoil "lug" is put back right.

How much is dipping it going to cost?

If you are looking to upgrade the appearance of your Tikka, I would strongly suggest looking at a Medalist stock from Bell & Carlson. I bought mine for around $225 on sale at Midway USA. You will have a WAY better stock, aluminum bedding block, nice speckle finish, decelerator pad. I posted a pic of mine on here at some point.

The dipping costs 90.00 for the stock. I will also look into Bell & Carlson as well, thanks for the info.

If it doesn't go back to shooting the same, something's wrong with the gun. I wouldn't think twice about pulling it off. If it doesn't shoot the same, a bedding job would probably cure it. I say go for it!

Another option, instead of having it dipped would be to paint it yourself. Pretty easy to do and cheaper to change if you want something different. You can even get stencils to make it camo that looks a bit more 'clean'.

I too am toying with the same idea and problem. I have a Win in 300 wsm and it shoots great and I want a better stock but am nervous about messing with it. A guy on here painted his stock with a textured paint and I think it looks really good. Guess I'll flip a coin.....:cool:

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back