itching for a new rifle to play with

300stw

itching for a 6.5prc, with scope, that will go 7lbs

looked at tikka, howa carbon randy edition, savage ultralite with caron barrel,
tikka would need a stockys carbon stock to get close

i have couple 3.5x10 leupolds that need to go on something

my ruger american way over 7lbs, and borungly accurate, need a winter project

thoughts,,,,

Tikka. No offense, but Savage are cheap for a reason. Loose tolerances and cheap materials.

What’s the price difference on the actions on these three rifles? The cost of the PVD coating on the Zermatt arms.

Otherwise everyone of them is shooting 1/2 MOA.

You miss… it’s on you.

I’ll take my savages any day of the week.

E8422B75-1F33-4B50-9C3D-5B8DD9F4F4C2.jpegD1BB9670-5F0D-42CA-B4F5-2B4351B84447.jpeg4D48713F-AA03-4908-88BE-F16152A2BE2E.jpeg

What’s the price difference on the actions on these three rifles? The cost of the PVD coating on the Zermatt arms.

You miss… it’s on you.

View attachment 259670View attachment 259671View attachment 259672
To each their own. If it gets the job done for you that’s great. A Hyundai Elantra and a Porsche Panamera can both take you on a road trip, but that doesn’t make them equal.

You miss… it’s on you.

View attachment 259670View attachment 259671View attachment 259672
I've never even shot a Savage centefire but they didn't get their reputation for accuracy by being a pos! I think firearms that shoot well and last are firearms that are well taken care of! Might keep in mind they got their reputation with the, I think it was a mod 110 with that awful trigger! No particular reason I've never had a Savage CF, who knows maybe I will someday!

Defiance anti x
Proof cf 24”
Ag composite alpine hunter
Triggertech

Leave ya about 1 lb for a scope.

I've never even shot a Savage centefire but they didn't get their reputation for accuracy by being a pos! I think firearms that shoot well and last are firearms that are well taken care of! Might keep in mind they got their reputation with the, I think it was a mod 110 with that awful trigger! No particular reason I've never had a Savage CF, who knows maybe I will someday!
I have yet to find a production rifle that has a reasonable trigger that a lawyer hasn’t had his fingers in somehow

I have yet to find a production rifle that has a reasonable trigger that a lawyer hasn’t had his fingers in somehow
Just thinking. I remember watching, years ago, the TV progran taking down the Remington 700 and Ruger Blackhawk for safety reasons. With the Ruger the guy that shot hinself dropping it on the floor was reported to be very gun smart but was carrying around one of the old Blackhawks without an MTY chamber under the hammer. The guy that shot himself with the 700 was also supposed to be a very wise gun user but he'd got into his vehicle with the loaded rifle and pointing the muzzle at his food started to unload it by chambering each round, Pointing a loaded rifle at himself inside the car not so smart and to unload a bolt action there is no reason to chamber the round to begin with. Another genuis portrayed as a genius that probably made a fortune off of it. I have three 700's all with the old Walker trigger and have never had anykind of problem. My triggers are all adjusted to 3# pull that I did myself and I don't point them at anyone including myself. Two are ADL's and to unload the magazine I pop the rounds out one at a time by pushing the next round with the bolt, just enough to pop it out of the magazine and pick it out with my finger's. I love that old Walker trigger but you really need to pay attention when your adjusting it. Remington then said that the problem they thought was people adjusting them wrong. Maybe and then another problem unloading it in the vehicle and pointing it at himself! As for the Ruger, no reason in the world not to have an MTY chamber under the hammer. Been known for a lot of years those old guns could be fired by dropping the gun on the hammer, fireing pin was built into the hammer! Amazed me how many people bought into the BS in that program. Today seem's like everyone getting a 700 thinks they need an after market trigger also! Claim was even Walker said they were unsafe but I've never seen any proof of that!

Just thinking. I remember watching, years ago, the TV progran taking down the Remington 700 and Ruger Blackhawk for safety reasons. With the Ruger the guy that shot hinself dropping it on the floor was reported to be very gun smart but was carrying around one of the old Blackhawks without an MTY chamber under the hammer. The guy that shot himself with the 700 was also supposed to be a very wise gun user but he'd got into his vehicle with the loaded rifle and pointing the muzzle at his food started to unload it by chambering each round, Pointing a loaded rifle at himself inside the car not so smart and to unload a bolt action there is no reason to chamber the round to begin with. Another genuis portrayed as a genius that probably made a fortune off of it. I have three 700's all with the old Walker trigger and have never had anykind of problem. My triggers are all adjusted to 3# pull that I did myself and I don't point them at anyone including myself. Two are ADL's and to unload the magazine I pop the rounds out one at a time by pushing the next round with the bolt, just enough to pop it out of the magazine and pick it out with my finger's. I love that old Walker trigger but you really need to pay attention when your adjusting it. Remington then said that the problem they thought was people adjusting them wrong. Maybe and then another problem unloading it in the vehicle and pointing it at himself! As for the Ruger, no reason in the world not to have an MTY chamber under the hammer. Been known for a lot of years those old guns could be fired by dropping the gun on the hammer, fireing pin was built into the hammer! Amazed me how many people bought into the BS in that program. Today seem's like everyone getting a 700 thinks they need an after market trigger also! Claim was even Walker said they were unsafe but I've never seen any proof of that!
I take it you didn't watch the 60 Minutes report where a SWAT sniper aiming his Rem 700 downrange with his finger visibly OFF of the trigger, took the safety off and the gun discharged.
They did it numerous times!!

As far as the OP's budget, Doublecluck's idea is out the window.

do not buy a kimber
do not buy a bergarra
do not buy a christianson

buy a tikka and a manners eh1
What is wrong with a Kimber? I have the 5 3/4 pound Hunter in 280AI and it shoots 1/2 " three shot groups, after they open up but it is so light!

I take it you didn't watch the 60 Minutes report where a SWAT sniper aiming his Rem 700 downrange with his finger visibly OFF of the trigger, took the safety off and the gun discharged.
They did it numerous times!!

As far as the OP's budget, Doublecluck's idea is out the window.
Ni i didn't see that. Would noit surprise me if the people that produced it didn';t set it up for that to happen. So, how often do you think this happened to be able to catch it on video?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back