Cerakote color pattern suggestions for rifle stock

USAF Ret

I am taking one of my rifles to get a cerakote job done at the local custom shop. Single color cerakote - rifle, stock, scope, etc. is $275. Any patterns over 1 color starts running pretty costly. I think he said three colors on the stock, like a camo pattern, doubles the price. With another build going, just can't afford that.

They have a titanium color I am doing the action and scope. It is like a darker SS color. Kind of stuck on the stock color. I am thinking a dark green. Any suggestions or folks that have pics is appreciated to get some ideas.

Here is what O.D. Green H-236, Gen II Flat Dark Earth HIR-265, and Graphite Black, H-146 look like (done by Unknown Munitions):

IMG_9847.jpeg

Custom Gun Coatings did a GAP sponge paint job on the rifle below. I don’t think it is Cerakote but it seems to be holding up well and their prices were very reasonable.

IMG_9779.jpeg

Yeah, the more colors the more money. Just three colors doubles my price and that's more than the rifle cost.

So, really just looking at what solid color stock would look good with a titanium cerakote barrel and any pics. Not looking for recommendations on companies, camo patterns and other types of painting available. Thanks.

Based on photos I have seen, I like solid gray with a stainless steelish color barreled action. I think the O.D. Green that is on my rifle would look pretty good, too.

BTW - I missed that the $275 was for cerakoting all parts. That is a great deal.

Based on photos I have seen, I like solid gray with a stainless steelish color barreled action. I think the O.D. Green that is on my rifle would look pretty good, too.

BTW - I missed that the $275 was for cerakoting all parts. That is a great deal.
Thanks. I was leaning toward dark gray, but love OD green as well. I am hoping I can add one more color without too much cost. Three colors on the stock literally doubles the price. I am also taking another rifle in and don't want them to be the same colors.

I can't fathom CeraKoting a scope unless it came from the factory that way where just the parts should have been coated pre-assembly or at least that's how I anticipate it should be done.

I can't fathom CeraKoting a scope unless it came from the factory that way where just the parts should have been coated pre-assembly or at least that's how I anticipate it should be done.
Yeah, I may skip the scope. On the one rifle, I will have to because I painted it as well. So, it will have to be removed and cerakoted.

Well, I told the folks at shop that I wanted a base coat on one rifle of OD green adn the other the SIG bronze. I paid extra for a second color and he is going to do the sponge pattern all of you seem to be having done. I have a CVA Cascade basic hunting tifle they are going to do woodland colors and a Ruger American Predator in a Magpul Hunter they are going to do a more tactical scheme. The guy is an artist and started throwing ideas out and I finally said, besides the base colors, surprise me.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhiskyRichard
Back