Grip tape for a slippery rifle

Blaser270

I recently finished my first semi-custom rifle build using a Tikka 270 and a ridiculously light stock carbon/fiberglass stock from Wildcat. Took it to the range hoping it would shoot - and it does… 0.898 @100 yds with factory ammo, so I’m pretty happy. At one point i was wearing gloves and noticed that the new stock was pretty slippery (no checkering) so i wanted to ask for opinions and/or experience with grip tape. I’m thinking of just a few strips on the forearm. Any experience or recommendations?
Thanks in advance… Pete

A lot of the guys I used to shoot Steel Challenge with just used strategically-placed strips of skateboard tape. I think it is functionally the same as Talon grips.
I was going to suggest skateboard tape

You want the stock to slide straight back in recoil.

I don't remember a brand name, but I've used camo tape on shotguns for turkey hunting. This tape didn't leave residue when removed and primarily just stuck to itself, seemed nice and tactile when handling the gun.

This or tennis racket tape. I use it on my bow, works great.
Same here. I didn’t like the skinny grip on my bow so I built it up with coban where I wanted it and put hockey tape on the exterior. Perfect grip every time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tzog
Back