Backfire TV (YouTube gun channel) says liberals have destroyed hunting

Luke_with_a_lab

The guy from Backfire TV released a video today titled Liberals Just destroyed hunting. His videos generally are firearm review videos and this is the first time I've seen him venture into this topic of discussion. It'd be interesting to hear some of your thoughts on this. To me especially when it comes to weapons and seasons it seems like he might not have a full understanding of the picture, especially what hunting conditions are like on public land. Generally his hunting videos are of him on private land being guided. His main points are:

1. Kids under 12 should be able to hunt
2. Govt is over reaching putting limits on weapons and seasons. Says hunter success is the same as historical rates even though there is less hunters on the landscape.
3. Hunters orange shouldn't be required, but should be the hunters choice.
3. Lottery Tag systems are a scam, most the money goes to salaries, building and bureaucracy
4. Ballot measures that take away from public hunting opportunities, i.e. California mountain lions
5. State regulations are too confusing

When he said hunter success is the same now as it was way back when there was way more hunters and "old technology" is where he really started to loose me. Pretty obvious modern rifle technology allows people to shoot farther. I really have to wonder if he has ever hunted public land a day in his life

I watched some of their early videos a few years back - there was one where they did a breakdown of their packs for a backpack deer hunt. They each had super high end packs, but one had a Coleman 0 degree sleeping bag, they each had their own tent, and at least one of those was a 4-person tent. Their packs pre-kill were each ~70lbs. There were no post-kill weights because, shockingly, there were no kills.

I looked this guy up when his videos first started popping up, apparently he has a background in starting YouTube channels and other "internet entrepreneurship", AKA he actually doesn't know much and is trying to monetize shooting/hunting content.

Understandably, he's from Utah.

I agree with him on the orange. If you need the government to tell you what color clothes to wear, please refrain from carrying deadly weapons anywhere near me.

Other than that, it seems like he’s a Utard trying to make $ off outrage and clickbait. That culture has mastered the grift.

I agree with him on the orange. If you need the government to tell you what color clothes to wear, please refrain from carrying deadly weapons anywhere near me.
I’ll disagree with you on this one. More than once I’ve seen someone in a place I didn’t expect them, and saw them only because they were wearing orange. It’s not about me being able to differentiate you from an animal. It’s about me knowing you are in or close to my potential field of fire.

t’s not just about you. I don’t want to injure or kill somebody in a freak accident and drastically alter my life.

I’ll disagree with you on this one. More than once I’ve seen someone in a place I didn’t expect them, and saw them only because they were wearing orange. It’s not about me being able to differentiate you from an animal. It’s about me knowing you are in or close to my potential field of fire.

t’s not just about you. I don’t want to injure or kill somebody in a freak accident and drastically alter my life.
How you gonna kill somebody you're not aiming at?

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back