Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Backfire TV (YouTube gun channel) says liberals have destroyed hunting

I’ll disagree with you on this one. More than once I’ve seen someone in a place I didn’t expect them, and saw them only because they were wearing orange. It’s not about me being able to differentiate you from an animal. It’s about me knowing you are in or close to my potential field of fire.

t’s not just about you. I don’t want to injure or kill somebody in a freak accident and drastically alter my life.
Fair enough. I definitely think orange is a good idea in many circumstances, just not fully on board with it being a law.

Yeah not a lot of substance there. However, #4 could be a possibility in the future. Could realistically see ballot initiatives passing in Colorado and/or California that ban predator hunting or end seasons/method of take. Probably wouldn’t exactly be conservatives or moderates pushing such a ballot measure….

Fair enough. I definitely think orange is a good idea in many circumstances, just not fully on board with it being a law.

I think the variable to remember, are the utard and fuktards. Most laws are written for those that are thoughtless, arrogant, or just plain stupid.

Funniest “Nearly shot a friend story?” Now that’s clickbait! This all may have taken a minute. I was 16, and walking an old logging road in the middle of the day. I came upon a clear cut with trees in the 4/5 foot range. Suddenly a muley buck and does sprung up from their beds at about 25 yards, and looked to their left, not at me. I raised my rifle, and he spooked to my right with a group of does. As they stotted, they would disappear among the young trees upon landing. Quickly they vanished. Movement caught my eye 30 yards left of where the deer had been, on the edge of the clear cut. There was my buddy Cory with his rifle pointed toward where the deer had been standing. His pants were still down from mid-dump and he had taken his hunters orange off. I will resist sharing my takeaways. What are the lessons here?

How you gonna kill somebody you're not aiming at?
you're giving the general hunting public a lot of credit with this question. There are at least two threads on here that talk about people being scoped at or shot over... while wearing orange.

Thankfully this year, the one time I mistook a hunter for an elk moving through really thick trees... was through the glass of my binos and not my scope. And this moron wasn't wearing any orange... in a state where you need a hat and a vest. I think @JLS point is not that sometimes wearing it is to save your life and from ruining someone else's in the process

you're giving the general hunting public a lot of credit with this question. There are at least two threads on here that talk about people being scoped at or shot over... while wearing orange.

Thankfully this year, the one time I mistook a hunter for an elk moving through really thick trees... was through the glass of my binos and not my scope. And this moron wasn't wearing any orange... in a state where you need a hat and a vest. I think @JLS point is not that sometimes wearing it is to save your life and from ruining someone else's in the process
Yep, I wear an orange hat anytime I’m hunting public ground or a private piece where I have any expectations that someone else may be there. It’s way, way too common for people to use a rifle scope when they should be using binoculars. Run into a couple guys in the field that don’t believe in using a safety and you get even more scared of how dumb the average redneck is

I do believe Orange is a safety thing 100%.
I don't know why he would say otherwise.
Watched a few of his gun videos,not always agreeing,but free entertainment.
I didn't know ,if you shot an elk it makes you smarter.
Most of us if we had the means we would go private as long as it is ethical.
Or you can choose an opening day for Antelope in a low points unit.Yikes!
I don't know what he meant by "liberal",there are liberal hunters too.
Being from Canada,west,our regulations are thick as the bible.lol
Most of it to protect and the rest , lately to basically make it impossible for you to harvest anything.
On the question about Utah ....tards,I was wondering what they say about Montana...tards
Let's hear it from some Utah ....non tards .😂😂

The guy from Backfire TV released a video today titled Liberals Just destroyed hunting. His videos generally are firearm review videos and this is the first time I've seen him venture into this topic of discussion. It'd be interesting to hear some of your thoughts on this. To me especially when it comes to weapons and seasons it seems like he might not have a full understanding of the picture, especially what hunting conditions are like on public land. Generally his hunting videos are of him on private land being guided. His main points are:

1. Kids under 12 should be able to hunt
2. Govt is over reaching putting limits on weapons and seasons. Says hunter success is the same as historical rates even though there is less hunters on the landscape.
3. Hunters orange shouldn't be required, but should be the hunters choice.
3. Lottery Tag systems are a scam, most the money goes to salaries, building and bureaucracy
4. Ballot measures that take away from public hunting opportunities, i.e. California mountain lions
5. State regulations are too confusing

I have to say, I agree with number 1, the first number 3, and number 5.

There are many things on which it would be great to turn back the hands of time. A River Runs Through It never gets made. Yellowstone doesn't add to the already substantial Montana land rush.

But, to advocate a return to no hunter orange is just so foolish that any discussion simply invalidates the wisdom or seriousness of the proponent.

Maybe just looking for clickbait.

I agree with him on the orange. If you need the government to tell you what color clothes to wear, please refrain from carrying deadly weapons anywhere near me.
I’m in Texas, not exactly a hotbed of liberalism, and blaze orange has been required for public land hunting for many years.

I’m in Texas, not exactly a hotbed of liberalism, and blaze orange has been required for public land hunting for many years.
I probably didn’t say clearly enough what I meant. I didn’t mean to say that i think orange requirements are a grand liberal anti hunting conspiracy. I just meant to say that I don’t think it needs to be a law.
Any ideas on what Beto thinks about orange?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back