Back in Action: Hello from the Hunt Talk Office

Hey friends -

Some of you might remember me from quite a few years back when I helped Randy out with some social media, and asked a bunch of questions to you fine folks as a brand new hunter. You guys helped me a LOT and I'm still hunting eight years later :)

I'm also working with and for Randy in all things marketing now at Hunt Talk, Fresh Tracks, and the Randy universe. I was previously the Hunt/Fish Editor at GearJunkie the past four years, worked at BHA, and prior to that worked with Steve & MeatEater in addition to a few other folks we worked with at ZPZ Production, including Randy and Remi.

I'm excited to reconnect here, and you'll likely see me posting occasional articles, new deals, and basic communications around what we've got going on. I'd love to hear how I can help out in certain areas, or if you have questions about products, brands, etc and what you guys would like to see.

Since those first years starting out, I've killed multiple big game animals solo in Montana's front- and backcountry and packed 'em out. I've gotten to travel to hunt birds, hogs, and deer a bit. And I just feel super lucky to be a part of this community where I can continually learn, grow, and become a better and more well-rounded outdoorswoman.

This year, my goal is to kill my first elk. I went through a lot of knee issues over the past five years, and I'm ready to get after it finally. I feel like I'm in the right place to learn how to get it done :) I'm also training up my young Boykin Spaniel for birds, and I have a young goofy horse that will for sure pack critters one of these days.

Looking forward to reconnecting & thought I'd share a few of my fave pics from my ever-evolving hunting life --

Nicole Q
Hi Nicole, Nice to meet you! I'm fairly new here but enjoy the conversation (mostly). I too am still trying to get my first elk and pack it out myself (as a height/weight challenged female). We'll see how that goes. :oops: Looking forward to your posts.

Welcome back and hope you get an elk and all, but we're all really just wanting to see a picture of this Boykin you speak of.

I can easily give in on the Boykin pics. Hunters Rest Bobbert Earl Keen, sweetest & goofiest troublemaker this side 'the Mississippi. He missed last season as I went to South Carolina to take care of horses for a few months that turned into nearly seven and stretched from summer to winter. He's going Mach 10 in training this year now that he's two and ready to rip, but he had a great first season as a pup, retrieving pigeons and bringing his first pheasant (almost) to hand. He's very cool, very kind, and very much so an arrogant, stubborn, and demanding spaniel.

BB271D9C-8FC3-425C-A473-6F8D15F8751B.JPGIMG_3094.PNG

and here's a Butchy pic for good measure for his doting fans. He is trucking along at eight years old, enjoying being the best boy in existence, and stealing hearts wherever he lands :) Here, he's watching a gaggle of gals take apart a mule deer doe, and he's all in.

Attachments

• IMG_4623.jpg
    IMG_4623.jpg
    969.4 KB · Views: 5
I can easily give in on the Boykin pics. Hunters Rest Bobbert Earl Keen, sweetest & goofiest troublemaker this side 'the Mississippi. He missed last season as I went to South Carolina to take care of horses for a few months that turned into nearly seven and stretched from summer to winter. He's going Mach 10 in training this year now that he's two and ready to rip, but he had a great first season as a pup, retrieving pigeons and bringing his first pheasant (almost) to hand. He's very cool, very kind, and very much so an arrogant, stubborn, and demanding spaniel.

View attachment 271262View attachment 271263
Best name ever!

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back