AZ Javelina and more...

BuzzH

Just got back from a Javelina hunt in AZ.

Hunted with a couple good friends and had a good time.

The area we hunted was actually pretty tough hunting, easy country to hike around in, but tough to glass. Lots of brush, draws, etc. to hide javelina, which made finding them pretty challenging.

Opening morning, I snapped a picture of the sunrise. The AZ desert this time of year is really a nice place.

039.JPG

We hunted most of opening morning, seeing lots of sign, but no javelina. We decided the best bet would be to hike the country and glass as we went. I hiked a few miles and finally bumped into a herd of a dozen or so. They werent spooked or anything, so I looked them over for 15 minutes or so. I picked out the biggest one in the herd and shot him. It was an easy 80 yard off-hand shot with my 22-250. I tried the 60 grain partitions and they worked real well on the javelina. The exit hole was about the size of a quarter and the javelina died quickly.

011.JPG

Another look:

017.JPG

Later on opening day, I continued to glass and look for one for my buddy who also had a tag. I didnt find a javelina for him, but found 2 bobcats working a sandy wash. They were also only about 70-80 yards away or so. Big mistake for one of the cats. The partitions kill bobcats too, although the damage was a lot more substantial. I had pretty good day, taking both a bobcat and javelina.

026.JPG

Another picture of the bobcat. The pictures of the cat arent the best, tough to make them look decent.

029.JPG

Cool pics Buzz.

You aren't a U of M grad are you? Shootin' that bobcat makes me wonder.

Looks like fun. Gonna do anything with the bobcat hide? That one may be a bit damaged, but I've always thought they look nice.

Big Fin,

I am a grad of U of M...

I just wish I would have had my U of M sweat shirt in the picture...just for Greenhorn.

Crap Buzz. Admit it, you didn't kill either of those animals. Your vicious hunting partner did. Trying to take credit for another's kill.. typical grizz.

What a mean horny little SOB.

Attachments

• buzzdog.jpg
    buzzdog.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 1,808
I tell you what...there is a bunch of real comics on this site.

Funny stuff, I have to admit.

I can always count on Oak and Greenhorn for a laugh, I wouldnt expect anything less.

lots of ways to make a bobcat look pretty. nice job there Buzz

Attachments

• bobcat head.JPG
    bobcat head.JPG
    73.5 KB · Views: 360
  • bobcat-1.jpg
    bobcat-1.jpg
    186.6 KB · Views: 356
Getting out in the desert this time of year is great..

Hunting those stinky things is a ball .... killing a kitty is awesome ....

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chamoy
Back