MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

AZ Desert Ram (Pic Heavy)

AZ402

So I spent the middle part of this week down in Southern Arizona. One of my best friends Randy, had drawn a coveted Desert Sheep tag here in AZ. I had planned to hunt the first 5 or 6 days with him. Along on the trip was our other great friend Todd and Randy's dad, Randy Sr.

Randy jr. isn't much of an internet guy and it's his story to tell. I'll just add some pics and captions and hope you guys enjoy a once in a lifetime hunt.

Some pics of the mountain range.

P1220062.jpg

Glassing quartet, im not pictured but my tripod and glass will have to do.

P1220006.jpg

Hoofed it up to a high saddle near the top of that high peak.

P1220005.jpg

Jr. on the accent.

P1220010.jpg

Todd and I glassing about half way up the peak.

P1220013.jpg

Todd and Randy jr glassing an inner basin we had hoped was there.

P1220017.jpg

Hunting the mountains on a proving ground leaves lots of this stuff around.

P1220029.jpg

P1220030.jpg

Randy shot the ram no where near our big morning/early afternoon hike. Things got a bit easier than we had anticipated. Here is the result of a lot of years applied and a lot of prescouting effort, and a good tip.

P1220038.jpg

P1220037.jpg

The obligitory "crew" photo.

P1220044.jpg

The evening ended with one of the best campfires that Desert floor has ever seen, that's a fact.

P1220073.jpg

cool, thanks for the pictures. My knees hurt just looking at the rocky stuff!
They don't exactly hang out where there seems to be a lot of feed do they?

I love sheep! Beautiful desert ram and very nice assist. NV is pulling my name 2011, I can feel it.

Man, that's a great ram. The desert scenery is pretty cool too. Congrats to Randy and the crew on a successful hunt!

Wow, what a trophy. Great pictures. I hope my desert ram is as good as that one... cause I'm drawing a CO tag next year :eek: (oh please can I draw it next year!!!)

Very Nice.. love the "ordinance" pics... Thats a brutal place in the summer....helped with a water catchment project yrs ago down there...Nice Ram and Congrats to your friend... How many bonus pts.. Just wondering?

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back