ATV's out of control

I'm very concerned about the image hunters project to the non-hunting public. Road hunting, tearing up the landscape with ATVs, driving off roads to pick up game, even pulling around trailers loaded with ATVs presents an image that turns people off. There's a huge part of the population that is on the fence about hunting. Why do anything that can be used against us by the anti-hunters?

I consider driving full sized vehicles or ATVs off road thru National Forests something that presents a bad image. What could possibly be the justification when nobody else is allowed to drive off road thru the NF? It makes hunters look like lazy slobs.

Ten Bears-- I spoke with a representative of the Tonto and your email from #117 was substantiated. I think it was easy for there to be confusion on the issue because of obvious contradictions between the web site and the office, but I was told there are changes on the way to clear this up.

I will pony up. I was using the info. from the web site and it appears it is not being enforced right now. There are changes on the way though and I would suggest those of you that feel you need to use motorized vehicles off-road start drafting some letters now. Sorry I am not able to go into further detail on that. :D

1-P, you missed the ;) :D :D? You're only an elitist if you want to be. :D :D

IT, there are more ATV riders that are not hunters then are. I will side with nonhunter riders on MANY issues before I side with elitist hunters that oppose those same issues.

MTMILLER, thank you for making the call. I was still waiting for an email from my freind, who is still waiting for one from Vincent. :rolleyes:

Ten Brews,

I think in a few years, after you get thru the 3rd grade, you will be able to read thru my posts (and other's) and see that we have all said that any Fat-Assed aTV rider needs to check with the LOCAL land managing agency for the CURRENT travel plan/travel map. |oo

If your buddy sent an E-mail, and carries a copy with him, I would guess he could talk his way out of it with the LEO. If he happens to leave his ATV in the wrong place, he may find his fuel tank full of that AZ sand, regardless of some e-mail in his pocket.... :D

EG, the practices you represent could leave you cold and rotting if you decide to use them on the wrong ATV. I personally would just beat you into submission, and then cart your bleeding carcass (after all your big talk here, I'm sure you'd resist) to the authorities for prosecution. To willfully damage the property of another is against the law, even in OUR state. To willfully destroy the property (causing damage to the ATV)of an elderly or disabled hunter, thus risking marooning them in the woods, may even be seen as aggravated circumstances.

I'll ride and PARK my ATV where I can legally do so. Take care in the vehicles that you choose to fool with, and remember, the last deer I kilt was only about 80 yards from my ATV (I could see the ATV from where I was hunting).......

Why don't you email me the address to the old trailer park. Maybe I'll drop down that way for coffee this spring if we have another layoff..... :rolleyes: I may go by and visit the MOOSEMAN at his office too if I had that address too.

Ten Bears said:
Why don't you email me the address to the old trailer park. Maybe I'll drop down that way for coffee this spring if we have another layoff..... :rolleyes: I may go by and visit the MOOSEMAN at his office too if I had that address too.

Sorry, I don't drink coffee. But I'll gladly by you a beer, out of a "Green" bottle.

Ten Beers, You could always hide it from EG. You can get these in Cabelas for $150...
i521380hz04.jpg

And check this out.. I don't see the 12-pack version though, that's what I'd want.
ATV Hunting Must Have

Greenhorn said:
Ten Beers, You could always hide it from EG. You can get these in Cabelas for $150...

And check this out.. I don't see the 12-pack version though, that's what I'd want.
ATV Hunting Must Have

Hey GreenHorn,

Thanks for the Link, and I think I am switching my thoughts on this whole ATV thing. If I can keep a 12 pack of cold ones at my disposal while hunting, I am think there is quite a bit more to this ATV hunting. :cool: Of course, if I drink Lite Beer while hunting, does that keep me from getting a Fat-Ass? :eek:

I always wondered why they sell ATVs with Camo paint.... |oo

Hey Ten Brews,

Since when has it became illegal to hunt from a boat with a motor attached??? You can hunt from a motorized vehicle in Idaho.... 20,000 Fat-Assed ATV riders can't be wrong..... :BLEEP:

EG, you're the one that claims to be the attorney type. You tell me how that would be any different then sitting in your truck and shooting. I know how it differs fromthe boat arguement. Maybe you can figure it out too.

Thank you Miller and you are at least a man with big enuf balls to admit when he was wrong! Does your confirmation that I was correct mean I ain't an ass clown or an old drunk? How about an apology from the rest of you pencil dicks? :wank:

Ringer,

Dont trumpet your "victory" just yet...the new rules/clarification arent going to "set you free"...

Ditto! for Miller he is a MAN.and an Honest MAN at that...Miller didn`t have to agree but his honesty is quite refreshing.... As for Larry/Moe/and Curly Joe....They are like a dog with their tail between their legs...whining all the way home...Cowboy UP! Boys.....I have NEVER seen BUZZ admit he was wrong....as he is here.

cjcj,

There is just enough dumb shits in AZ that arent capable of understanding the written English Language that the agencies have to "clarify" the issue at hand...

That doesnt mean that anyone is "right" or "wrong" at the moment, it means that the wording in the regulation is open for debate. Thats in the process of being corrected, and we'll see then who is ultimately "right" on this issue....

Better buy a pack-frame...and thats all I have to say...

Buzz for now [i`m right] if it gets changed.. then i will adapt to whatever that is....ive got a pack frame.... but i can`t use it...I`m never more than 1/4 mile from my truck. sorry but i am not about to quit hunting/fishing because you disagree with my style. i like getting out too much.

CJ,
I hope you don't really think I was wrong. I think my contention is that everybody needs to check with the Land Management agency for the Travel Map on the land they are hunting. The AZGFD's regulation relates to State Trust lands. The Tonto NF regulations relate to the TNF. If the TNF says you can, you can. If the TNF says you can't, you can't. I hope you can figure that out. It does not look like ringer is bright enough to....

cjcj,

I dont want to see you quit hunting, just the opposite in fact.

I've never had a problem with truly handicapped people being allowed different access regulations...

Its the "mental midgets" with their only handicap being a fat ass and no desire that I dont like...I'll make it a point to see that they arent allowed any kind of off road access.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back