ATV Parade Today In Montana

RockyDog

There is an ATV parade going on all over montana today, just get on any major road.

Its like a freakin grasshopper infestation........

Side by sides, two ups, every size and color,,,damn things are every where. I am thinking the best piece of equipment a guy can have is an orange vest.

They were all parked in front of Wholesale Sports in Bozeman getting ready for the big day..

I was in there buying a side by side toy shotgun, with caps for $18, for part of my halloween costume.

I'm going to hang tight, let all the happy-jacks go out under the full moon and warm weather, only to be doused with a good amount of rain later in the day. I'm heading out some Tuesday or Wednesday for a quick assault on an elk, when the conditions are right.

I'm sure they'll all obey the travel restrictions, and only use their machines on approved roads.

I'll be sitting on a ridgeline between a roaded area and a wilderness area with a popular trail system.
I'm hoping I'll catch the elk being pushed up by either the four wheelers from the one side, or the horse hunters from the other.

I am heading to a relatively gameless area, yet infested with grizzlies to find a nice ridge and glass an old burn(that I hear about a 200 inch mulie coming out of every stinking year) for a nice mulie. Don't figure I will get any company up there. Hunker down with my binocs, spotter, and my jetboil and a couple mtn houses, with assorted granola and power bars for the day. If it starts whizzing rain, I can always pack up and go home. Just gotta go out on the opener for the principle of it all.

I will be in the riverbottom looking for whitetail, fairly sure I won't see any ATV's, but then ya never know.

I got run out of one of my area today by a bunch of ATVs where they aren't even supposed to be used...AND some jackass parked a pop up camper right NEXT to a water tank that antelope hit fairly frequently...lol

Somebody has to do something about all of these camo-clad vegetarians.

I'll be skipping tomorrow (the DTI needs improvement) and will be sitting on a piece of private ground that's only got grizz and woofs.

General deer opens today in utard...Not sure much can compare, cept maybe Colorado 3rd season...as far as ATV's are concerned anyway...I wont be participating.

Texas US 287 and I 40 looks like an atv trailler expo all of October. I saw a fellow Texan haulin' a damn purple camo two seater....oh, the horror.

Just got back from duck/pheasant hunting. No one around. It was very nice a peaceful. Got my limit of both and only saw 3 other people the whole time. I'll wait till Wednesday, Thursday before I head into the mountains. Let it thin out a little.

I am heading to a relatively gameless area, yet infested with grizzlies

God bless the Flathead...I can't wait until I get to tromp around there at Thanksgiving, fighting the brush and not seeing a thing for days, all the while getting soaked with rain...good times

God bless the Flathead...I can't wait until I get to tromp around there at Thanksgiving, fighting the brush and not seeing a thing for days, all the while getting soaked with rain...good times

Yep I got soaked. I was on top of the world, and a long way from the truck. When the mountains to the west started disappearing behind rain, I started down the hill. Didn't make it back before it hit. LOL

I got wetter than a cheerleader on prom night, and blew a chance at a really nice bear.
Never saw an ATV, but I also didn't see a legal ungulate.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back