Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Ask your onX Hunt questions here!

How much OnX off-road is on Hunt? Looking for that to get me back to the hunting spots.

Or do I have to get both?

How much OnX off-road is on Hunt? Looking for that to get me back to the hunting spots.

Or do I have to get both?
There is significant crossover between the two. The road and trail data that you see in Offroad is also in Hunt. Offroad adds some of the guidebook type content to some roads (pictures, descriptions, difficulty ratings, etc) but the actual road data is the same. If you're primarily looking for ways to get into hunting spots, I'd recommend just using Hunt. No real need to buy both.

There is significant crossover between the two. The road and trail data that you see in Offroad is also in Hunt. Offroad adds some of the guidebook type content to some roads (pictures, descriptions, difficulty ratings, etc) but the actual road data is the same. If you're primarily looking for ways to get into hunting spots, I'd recommend just using Hunt. No real need to buy both.
Thank you…

So here is what customer service said at OnX. “Good, when you hit that crosshair in the bottom right twice it'll also pop up a compass icon in the top right, click on that and it will unlock rotation (instead of always pointing north).” So…it doesn’t seem to work? Let me know if it does for you-
Yeah it brings up the cone to show which way you’re facing, but it constantly gets disoriented pointing the cone the visibly the wrong way! @onX Hunt

Is onx hunt going to be available to use on android auto or Apple carplay

Thanks for the feedback, I will be sure to pass that along to our Mapping Team. I know they are constantly looking for new and better imagery. Unfortunately, available imagery sources are a bit limited, but we will do our best to get an image that was taken without snow cover.
A little late for my hunting season as my season opens Monday but if it helps other hunters, sounds good

Yeah it brings up the cone to show which way you’re facing, but it constantly gets disoriented pointing the cone the visibly the wrong way! @onX Hunt
If you are on an iPhone, calibrating the compass in the phone can alleviate this issue. To calibrate go into your settings, tap on Privacy, tap Location Services, scroll down and tap on System Services, then toggle the Compass Calibration off and on. (I sometimes have to toggle it a couple of times for the compass to calibrate.) To double check this, open up the compass App on your phone, it should be matching what you see in the onX App.
Android is a bit more complex to troubleshoot, but if you reach out to our Customer Support Team, they can help you out. Email: [email protected] Phone: (406) 540-1600

If you are on an iPhone, calibrating the compass in the phone can alleviate this issue. To calibrate go into your settings, tap on Privacy, tap Location Services, scroll down and tap on System Services, then toggle the Compass Calibration off and on. (I sometimes have to toggle it a couple of times for the compass to calibrate.) To double check this, open up the compass App on your phone, it should be matching what you see in the onX App.
Android is a bit more complex to troubleshoot, but if you reach out to our Customer Support Team, they can help you out. Email: [email protected] Phone: (406) 540-1600
That fixed it! Thank you-

I seem to have lost all the waypoints/tracks for the unit I was hunting this fall. Weird thing is I have a bunch of other points from other areas that are both older and newer than the ones I can no longer find. Any suggestions?

Didn’t even know this was a thing. Hell yes, thank you! @onX Hunt

I seem to have lost all the waypoints/tracks for the unit I was hunting this fall. Weird thing is I have a bunch of other points from other areas that are both older and newer than the ones I can no longer find. Any suggestions?
If you haven't already tried, go to My Content and make certain they weren't accidentally "hidden".

Thanks for the feedback, I will be sure to pass that along to our Mapping Team. I know they are constantly looking for new and better imagery. Unfortunately, available imagery sources are a bit limited, but we will do our best to get an image that was taken without snow cover.
Much appreciated. There are considerable chunks of SW MT that y’all have imagery with snow on it. PM me if I need to provide specifics. Thanks

I am not seeing the range radius feature when I swipe up on a waypoint. I see the wind direction box but nothing below it.
App is updated with most recent update being 10/12.
Any suggestions?
Thanks

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back