Caribou Gear

Ask your onX Hunt questions here!

I am not seeing the range radius feature when I swipe up on a waypoint. I see the wind direction box but nothing below it.
App is updated with most recent update being 10/12.
Any suggestions?
Thanks
Are you using an Android phone, by chance? If so, we are still working to get the Range Radius tool available on Android devices. I don't have an ETA for that right now, but we hope to have it ready to go very soon.

Are you using an Android phone, by chance? If so, we are still working to get the Range Radius tool available on Android devices. I don't have an ETA for that right now, but we hope to have it ready to go very soon.
Yes on an android.
Look forward to having it ready.
Thanks for the reply.

Can you edit/change the middle of a track? Add or delete some of the existing track. I would like to change the route of my track without driving the track again.

Not Trim Track, that is just the beginning or end of a track. I found a shorter road in the middle of my track so I would like to modify my existing track.

Thanks

Can you edit/change the middle of a track? Add or delete some of the existing track. I would like to change the route of my track without driving the track again.

Not Trim Track, that is just the beginning or end of a track. I found a shorter road in the middle of my track so I would like to modify my existing track.

Thanks
Right now, we're only able to trim the ends of a track, but I will pass you recommendation along to our Engineering Team.

Saving the maps for "off-line" they show the property boundaries, until you're actually off-line. I was in Kodiak hunting close to native boundaries and I was upset to see that my saved maps didn't show boundaries. Next time I'm just going to have to take screen shot pics.

I downloaded a bunch of offline maps before my elk hunt and as soon as I went offline, all the roads and trails and private propery lines disappeared. It was a little frustrating going into a new area and feeling like you were going completely blind. The only thing that worked was the waypoints and lines that I had previously marked as well as the topo lines.

There has to be a simple answer that I am just missing.

Say I have 150 saved offline maps and none are named by me (just the default name created by OnX). A couple maps were just created for a temporary trip and I would like to remove from my device. I can "click" on each map and it will take me to that location, but there has to be an easier way than clicking every map....I would guess.

thanks much....

Some map layers won’t show up when in offline mode if those offline maps have not been updated and the app has been updated several times since.

Please make ownership and road access layers available on phones! I can see on my pc, but not on the phone (iPhone 12 pro)

There has to be a simple answer that I am just missing.

Say I have 150 saved offline maps and none are named by me (just the default name created by OnX). A couple maps were just created for a temporary trip and I would like to remove from my device. I can "click" on each map and it will take me to that location, but there has to be an easier way than clicking every map....I would guess.

thanks much....
Right now, the best way to delete offline maps is to open your offline maps tab and tap on the ones you wish to delete and delete them individually. We know this is not the ideal situation when you have 150 saved maps and we are working on a way to better manage offline maps in the future.

Some map layers won’t show up when in offline mode if those offline maps have not been updated and the app has been updated several times since.
Can you send an email to our Customer Support Team at [email protected]? They'll be better able to address this issue than I can in this thread.

I know this has been asked before and answered "not at this time", but since that was 5 years ago I'll ask it again.

Is there a way to change the satellite imagery date? Some of the areas I want to look at and explore are covered in snow in the imagery. Thanks.

Please make ownership and road access layers available on phones! I can see on my pc, but not on the phone (iPhone 12 pro)
Those layers are available on the phone app, so there could be a couple of things happening here.

First, double check that you have those layers turned on in the Map Layers section of the App. If you are not able to turn those layers on, tap on the three horizontal lines in the upper left corner of the App and see which email address you are logged in with. That email address needs to match the email that you used to purchase your Membership. If that shows a different email address than the one you use to log in on your computer, log out and log back in with the email you use on your computer and you should be good to go.

I know this has been asked before and answered "not at this time", but since that was 5 years ago I'll ask it again.

Is there a way to change the satellite imagery date? Some of the areas I want to look at and explore are covered in snow in the imagery. Thanks.
Unfortunately, we do not have the ability to do that currently, but that is something we would love to offer in the future and we are looking into it. I do not have any sort of ETA on when that may be available, unfortunately.

Unfortunately, we do not have the ability to do that currently, but that is something we would love to offer in the future and we are looking into it. I do not have any sort of ETA on when that may be available, unfortunately.
Thanks for the response!

Those layers are available on the phone app, so there could be a couple of things happening here.

First, double check that you have those layers turned on in the Map Layers section of the App. If you are not able to turn those layers on, tap on the three horizontal lines in the upper left corner of the App and see which email address you are logged in with. That email address needs to match the email that you used to purchase your Membership. If that shows a different email address than the one you use to log in on your computer, log out and log back in with the email you use on your computer and you should be good to go.
Hmm? Unfortunately that doesn't seem to be the case. When on my iphone,

1. click 3D-Sat
2. Click Hunt Map Layers - pop-up that says: Layers are not available in 3D mode
3. Click back over to Topo-2D, all layers are working, waypoints etc

The only weird thing I can see is when I go to My Account, it is a [email protected] email address.

UPDATE - now the only way I can login it using the Login Using Apple ID --does this have anything to do with the issue?

Last edited:
Hmm? Unfortunately that doesn't seem to be the case. When on my iphone,

1. click 3D-Sat
2. Click Hunt Map Layers - pop-up that says: Layers are not available in 3D mode
3. Click back over to Topo-2D, all layers are working, waypoints etc

The only weird thing I can see is when I go to My Account, it is a [email protected] email address.

UPDATE - now the only way I can login it using the Login Using Apple ID --does this have anything to do with the issue?
That is the issue. I'm guessing your account is associated with your email address, but if you're logged in with your Apple ID, the layers won't work as your paid membership is not associated with your Apple ID. If you can log out, you should be able to log in with your regular email address. If you're having any trouble logging back in, shoot our customer support an email at [email protected] and they'll be able to help you get logged back in correctly.

I am also getting "There's something wrong with this shared content. The sender may need to share it again."

I am just copying the share link for one waypoint, emailing it, and opening it on my phone.

Tom

Last edited:
I am also getting "There's something wrong with this shared content. The sender may need to share it again."

I am just copying the share link for one waypoint, emailing it, and opening it on my phone.

Tom
Just to follow up, the link worked for my partner. The link just didn't work for me. Maybe because I already had a waypoint there?

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1st BDX Scope
Back