Caribou Gear Tarp

Ask your onX Hunt questions here!

Just to follow up, the link worked for my partner. The link just didn't work for me. Maybe because I already had a waypoint there?
Are you trying to share a waypoint with yourself? Meaning, sharing a waypoint that is already on your account? If so, that action will result in an error message as the waypoint is already on your account and it cannot be shared to the account it originated from.

If you are trying to share it to a different account, please reach out to our Customer Support Team at [email protected]. They will be able to take a look at the accounts in question and will be able to get everything working for you.

Where does Onx get their satellite imagery from? Locally, google earth/maps has pretty good satellite imagery, but on Onx, it looks super low resolution.
I am unable to share the name of the satellite imagery provider that we use, unfortunately. If you can give a general idea of the area you are looking at, though, I will pass it along to our Mapping Team so that they can look at the imagery sources that are available to us there and they may be able to find imagery with higher resolution in that area.

Those layers are available on the phone app, so there could be a couple of things happening here.

First, double check that you have those layers turned on in the Map Layers section of the App. If you are not able to turn those layers on, tap on the three horizontal lines in the upper left corner of the App and see which email address you are logged in with. That email address needs to match the email that you used to purchase your Membership. If that shows a different email address than the one you use to log in on your computer, log out and log back in with the email you use on your computer and you should be good to go.
Huh??? Ok, well I figured out the weirdness of my email address/login. I think it had something to do with the fact that I bought the subscription through the Apple App store. But anyway, now I'm logged in with my real email address (both on my phone and on the pc)

But.....it's Still not showing layers when in 3D.

See screenshot, that popup shows when you hit the Hunt Map Layers button.

I can see waypoints, tracks, and lines. But not any ownership, road closures etc.

Thanks!

EDIT---EVerything shows that my app is updated

Attachments

• IMG_4999.PNG
    IMG_4999.PNG
    8.3 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Huh??? Ok, well I figured out the weirdness of my email address/login. I think it had something to do with the fact that I bought the subscription through the Apple App store. But anyway, now I'm logged in with my real email address (both on my phone and on the pc)

I can see waypoints, tracks, and lines. But not any ownership, road closures etc.

Thanks!
Is your app updated? If you are running an older version of the app could cause this.

Thanks!

Happy to hear that everything is working for you now. I should have recommended an app update right off the bat, my bad on missing that! Let us know if you have any issues in the future.

Thanks!

Sorry for the confusion......as I said " I can see waypoints, tracks, and lines. But not any ownership, road closures etc."

I added the "Edit" because BuckRut had asked if I had updated my app. I checked and it was updated, so I figured I'd add that to help problem solve.

Perhaps, I just need to submit a support ticket?

Sorry for the confusion......as I said " I can see waypoints, tracks, and lines. But not any ownership, road closures etc."

I added the "Edit" because BuckRut had asked if I had updated my app. I checked and it was updated, so I figured I'd add that to help problem solve.

Perhaps, I just need to submit a support ticket?
My apologies on the confusion there, I should have asked earlier if you were on an Apple or an Android phone. Currently, layers are only available in 3D mode on Android devices. We are working to improve 3D on Apple devices and once those changes are in place, layers will show in 3D on Apple devices as well. Sorry again for the confusion on my end.

This may have been asked already, but why is all the background imagery in NW Wyoming covered in snow? Would sure be nice to see the actual terrain in those areas.
That was the best imagery that was available to us at the time that we acquired updated imagery from our provider. We understand that it is definitely less than optimal to have snow coverage on the imagery and we are looking at other potential sources that feature less snow coverage. Unfortunately, these image sources are fairly limited so I do not have an ETA for you, but we are working to get better imagery in Wyoming.

That was the best imagery that was available to us at the time that we acquired updated imagery from our provider. We understand that it is definitely less than optimal to have snow coverage on the imagery and we are looking at other potential sources that feature less snow coverage. Unfortunately, these image sources are fairly limited so I do not have an ETA for you, but we are working to get better imagery in Wyoming.
Awesome, thanks for responding.

New as far as I can tell. I took my phone in to get the battery replaced and they hosed it up so I reset the phone to factory, updated to ios 16.2, installed a cpl apps, plugged it into my truck to get carplay working and shazam there it was.
All my stuff is there; layers, waypoints, tracks, etc.

They have some beta stuff on my onX pc:
Tools include: real time viewshed analysis, dynamic slope angle, slope aspect and elevation bands.

Edit, CarPlay session worked great when phone was in airplane mode. Areas where I had offline maps were clear. This is gonna be awesome.

EF2BB517-42E4-4E1B-9E43-0E3E90D8B44A.jpeg

Last edited:
New as far as I can tell. I took my phone in to get the battery replaced and they hosed it up so I reset the phone to factory, updated to ios 16.2, installed a cpl apps, plugged it into my truck to get carplay working and shazam there it was.
All my stuff is there; layers, waypoints, tracks, etc.

They have some beta stuff on my onX pc:
Tools include: real time viewshed analysis, dynamic slope angle, slope aspect and elevation bands.

Edit, CarPlay session worked great when phone was in airplane mode. Areas where I had offline maps were clear. This is gonna be awesome.

View attachment 257190
This is all greek to me. Is CarPlay a phone app or a feature of your truck (what sort of truck?). I see nothing in OnX on my phone that suggests anything about connecting to my truck.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HUNT7503
Back