Arizona Youth license/application

Flatsnfthills

I tried looking for this info on the Arizona game and fish website but couldn’t figure it out. If I’m buying a youth license and bonus points for my nephew, do I need to set up his own account on the game and fish website? Or can this be done under my own account? He’s 14 years old if that matters. Thanks for any help.

I had just created one for my son today as I put him in for some youth hunts. The pain is that it needs to be a unique email address and I'm already using my two personal accounts for myself and my wife.
That has been a pain for me as well with my two boys. Most states I can use one email but there are a couple states that require different ones for each account.

If the youth has applied before his info is in there, don't create a new account or it'll get all screwed up.

That has been a pain for me as well with my two boys. Most states I can use one email but there are a couple states that require different ones for each account.
I just used mine one email addy for both my boys. Maybe I used a different one for setting up the account, I can't remember. I do know they can't have a portal until a certain age so it's more cumbersome to keep track of their applications/points.

Does anybody know if you can just buy a Point at this time for a youth? I signed my 12 year old up for the $5 license with the intention of starting to build points and I can't figure out how to buy the point online. I was on hold for about an hour on the phone and finally hung up. Thanks in advance!

Does anybody know if you can just buy a Point at this time for a youth? I signed my 12 year old up for the $5 license with the intention of starting to build points and I can't figure out how to buy the point online. I was on hold for about an hour on the phone and finally hung up. Thanks in advance!
Points must be purchased during the application period. For elk and pronghorn that closed last night. Deer and sheep will open in April/May.

Also as a general note, you do not need a portal to apply or buy points. There is a direct link right on the website.

As noted above your kid does need a separate account to apply but not a “portal account”. The fact those are separate systems has probably cost Azgfd a million man hours of customer support time by now.
I haven’t bothered to set those up for kids yet so I would need to dial in to their phone system in case there’s a charge. Or wait for whatever shows up in the mail.

I wish they would allow you to add dependents under the parent account - but I suppose the transition when they turn 18 could be a mess? Speaking from personal experience - I would create a separate account rather than try the option of applying without the portal account. Last year or two I thought I was buying the points correctly for my daughter but I must have messed up the $5 youth license and it looks like I've lost a couple of years. So this year I went ahead and just bit the bullet and created both my eligible kids accounts. Keeping track of all my login info and accounts was tricky enough - now I'm really going to need a spreadsheet to track all this stuff :)

I don't think they can have a portal account until a certain age. I know I was not able to create one for my sons last year. Also interesting last year is that my youngest could apply for hunts but not the points only option. Just through his name in for the hardest to draw units a quick google search turned up.

I wish they would allow you to add dependents under the parent account - but I suppose the transition when they turn 18 could be a mess? Speaking from personal experience - I would create a separate account rather than try the option of applying without the portal account. Last year or two I thought I was buying the points correctly for my daughter but I must have messed up the $5 youth license and it looks like I've lost a couple of years. So this year I went ahead and just bit the bullet and created both my eligible kids accounts. Keeping track of all my login info and accounts was tricky enough - now I'm really going to need a spreadsheet to track all this stuff :)
It's pretty hard to mess up; you buy a license, or input the number, and choose the point only option. Don't pay too much attention to the portal, it has no real connection to the application process (this is not Wyoming). Call them next week and they'll get your kids accounts straightened out. They spend weeks every year combining accounts.

Arizona hasn't let me do points only for the kids the last 2 years so I just put them in the draw for something they won't draw.

It's pretty hard to mess up; you buy a license, or input the number, and choose the point only option. Don't pay too much attention to the portal, it has no real connection to the application process (this is not Wyoming). Call them next week and they'll get your kids accounts straightened out. They spend weeks every year combining accounts.
I will say though that the portal makes it easier to verify what you have and haven't bought. Calling AZ to determine status can be a huge time suck - I sat on hold the other day for over 30 minutes before I finally just had to hang up and get back to work - and not the first time. In my case when I bought the point for my daughter, I wasn't given the option of buying a youth priced license only the adult priced lic - again - I'm sure somethign I was messing up... For whatever reason, I can only find my receipts for the $15 point, not the $5 lic that I thought I eventually was able to purchase. When I check on the status of my daugters hunter # - it doesn't show a lic or have any points listed for her. So my point in all this is - while the portal isn't required - it certinaly makes it easier to verify the status of what you have and haven't purchased and hopefully, less liking to mess something up like I apparently did. You did change my mind on contacting them though - I'll reach out to them in the next few weeks and see if they can determine what happened and if my recipets for the point would help... I have a good friend that his points got messed up a few years back. They weren't going to do anything until (he's the type of person that saves everything) he was able to procduce his reciepts from the year they said he missed. They did reinstate his points but only after he proved it (something most people aren't goign to always going to be able to do).

SMB - I noticed the same thing. For my oldest daughter it let me buy points only, for my other one it wouldn't let me and I just applied for a super hard to draw tag... There is something that's not quite right with the coding/logic of their web site...

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crookhunt
Back