Caribou Gear Tarp

Arizona Sheep Draw

I have put in for the same hunts for 6 years. The place has become a bright spot for desert sheep in the short time since I started applying. Here's hoping!

Hopefully you applied for a hunt that you actually have a chance at. Most don't know the sheep draw is done different than deer and elk.

Hopefully you applied for a hunt that you actually have a chance at. Most don't know the sheep draw is done different than deer and elk.
Yeah can’t apply for a unit that offers one permit or you just applied dead

I apply this weekend, won’t draw but I will throw my 11 points at a unit and maybe being that I’m only 34 years old today with 11 points going into this draw thar I will draw in my lifetime! Feel like I started young enough to be able to but who really knows anymore.

I apply this weekend, won’t draw but I will throw my 11 points at a unit and maybe being that I’m only 34 years old today with 11 points going into this draw thar I will draw in my lifetime! Feel like I started young enough to be able to but who really knows anymore.
You'll never catch max. there are thousands ahead of you and they give out like 200 tags in max, 10 of those to non residents

You'll never catch max. there are thousands ahead of you and they give out like 200 tags in max, 10 of those to non residents
Yeah I’m just hoping that more names in the hat will pay off one day for me, I understand me catching max is very unlikely unless I out live everyone have like 71 points and am 94 years old haha

I drew with 11 points for desert and I always have had a feeling that AZ will give me a Rocky tag as well someday. Maybe even this year.

My feelings on Arizona sheep are about the same feelings I have in Nevada. I have already purchased the license for deer, elk, and pronghorn so why not shell out 15 more bucks. for sheep. Knowing that the odds are so low I probably will never draw but it's cheap and since I'm already there I at least am in a couple sheep drawings every year.

Back