Arizona Enviromentalists stealing tags?

JoseCuervo said:
You also sound pretty clueless about Environmental politics too. Perhaps you should read up on the same, and then perhaps read up a bit on stealing. If you want THE best read on Environmental politics in AZ, you should read The Monkey Wrench Gang by Edward Abbey.

Jose,

Suggesting someone "read up" on enviromental politics in Arizona, then refer them to a fictional story book written in 1975 is a hoot.

The page I brought up on the book said it was illustrated with cartoons.

I don't think Jose"A" or "B" wants or has access to this section. This thread will die a horible death ...... :p

1_pointer said:
I've seen Bibles with cartoons in them. Not too good of a litmus test.

1-pointer,

The litmus test would be if it was fact or fiction when being a referred to for information about enviromental politics in Arizona.

The cartoon part was a jab at the style of books Josie reads.

AprilW said:
1-pointer,

The litmus test would be if it was fact or fiction when being a referred to for information about enviromental politics in Arizona.

The cartoon part was a jab at the style of books Josie reads.

The jab was without force April...the illustrative insert (cartoon) does not diminish the merit of Abbey's work and Jose's allusion to environmental politics in regard to "monkey wrench gang" is valid. Many important political allegories are works of fiction.

noharleyyet said:
The jab was without force April...the illustrative insert (cartoon) does not diminish the merit of Abbey's work and Jose's allusion to environmental politics in regard to "monkey wrench gang" is valid. Many important political allegories are works of fiction.

I didn't say it diminished the author's work, it was a jab at Jose , insinuating he read comic books. Get a grip you guys.

Hey, you guys want to base your opinions and views on works of fiction, so be it.

Maybe Jose has some non-fiction (real life factual stuff) that he could suggest. I would look into that first if I was interested in learning about enviromental politics.

What's so unique about environmental politics that allegorical fiction along with "real life factual stuff" can't be mentally comingled?
April, I enjoy your posts and find them well thought and well spoken...didn't mean to infer otherwise.
BTW...have you read this comic book? :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dotun77
Back