Arizona 10% cap on Nonresidents

Probably why it's 1/2 the cost of where I am now.
What are the major gripes? I wouldn't likely be in the city limits.
I assumed it was mostly weather related. That stuff doesn't bother us.
That's what everyone says, enjoy plowing your way out in the morning, back in the evening...for a week after the last snow.

You'll see....

Look Im sure its super hard buzz. You are not the only one who has lived in adverse weather conditions

Residency does not require living in WY year-round...May-November, no real enforcement, and remote/virtual work...I think WY might still be sparsely populated, but you may have a whole lot of new residents in the near future.

Look Im sure its super hard buzz. You are not the only one who has lived in adverse weather conditions
Well, you should be good with 3-4 non stop days of below zero weather and 40-50 mph sustained wind. Cold, no big deal, day after day of high winds? That's what drives people away.

Have to experience it to appreciate it.

That's ego.
People need incisive to change areas. The incentives are mounting. You are egging them on.
Out of one side of your mouth you are saying. Housing is getting expensive, selling fast and employment can be difficult. Out the other side you are saying nobody is moving to wyoming because very few are as tuff as BuzzH.
1708200592315.png
Well, you should be good with 3-4 non stop days of below zero weather and 40-50 mph sustained wind.

Watching beauty and the beast with my litrle one, trying to get her to nap. AI is pretty cool!

(Verse 1)
Who's the hunter with the most, in this vast Wyoming land?
Who's the pride of the plains, with a rifle in his hand?
Buzz, that's his name, with a swagger so grand,
He's got trophies on his wall, thinks he's king of every strand!

(Chorus)
No one hunts like Buzz, no one shoots like Buzz,
No one's got a hunting lodge as grand as Buzz!
For there's no one as burly and brawny,
As you see, Buzz's ego's bigger than Wyoming's money!

(Verse 2)
In the cold and wind, where only the tough can stand,
Buzz thrives, a true Wyoming man!
With frost on his beard and ice in his veins,
He's a hunter supreme, facing nature's toughest strains!

(Chorus)
As you see, Buzz thinks he's the hero of this story!

(Bridge)
With a rifle in his hand and a smirk upon his face,
Buzz's tales of conquest, his ego they embrace.
From the deer to the elk, to the grizzly bear so wild,
Buzz's the champion hunter, or so goes his own wild!

(Chorus)
As you see, Buzz's ego's bigger than all of Wyoming!

(Outro)
So raise a toast to Buzz, the pride of our land,
With his trophies and his stories, he thinks he's in command.
In the heart of the wild, he'll forever roam free,
Buzz, the legendary hunter, his ego's as wild as can be!

Well, you should be good with 3-4 non stop days of below zero weather and 40-50 mph sustained wind.

I spent a winter working on an ExxonMobil gas plant near Kemmerer. Miserable. And I was born up on the Hi-Line and experienced that winter. While I wouldn't enjoy it, with preparation it's doable. mtmuley

View attachment 315873

Watching beauty and the beast with my litrle one, trying to get her to nap. AI is pretty cool!

(Verse 1)
Who's the hunter with the most, in this vast Wyoming land?
Who's the pride of the plains, with a rifle in his hand?
Buzz, that's his name, with a swagger so grand,
He's got trophies on his wall, thinks he's king of every strand!

(Chorus)
As you see, Buzz's ego's bigger than Wyoming's money!

(Verse 2)
In the cold and wind, where only the tough can stand,
Buzz thrives, a true Wyoming man!
With frost on his beard and ice in his veins,
He's a hunter supreme, facing nature's toughest strains!

(Chorus)
As you see, Buzz thinks he's the hero of this story!

(Bridge)
With a rifle in his hand and a smirk upon his face,
Buzz's tales of conquest, his ego they embrace.
From the deer to the elk, to the grizzly bear so wild,
Buzz's the champion hunter, or so goes his own wild!

(Chorus)
As you see, Buzz's ego's bigger than all of Wyoming!

(Outro)
So raise a toast to Buzz, the pride of our land,
With his trophies and his stories, he thinks he's in command.
In the heart of the wild, he'll forever roam free,
Buzz, the legendary hunter, his ego's as wild as can be!
Seen a lot of stupid stuff here. You win. mtmuley

24645.jpeg

These 2 elk @JM77 and I shot a couple years back. It was a windy S.O.B. the day we killed them, didn't think it could get worse. Went back the next day, way worse. No doubt sustained 50-60.

The wind is stupid.

Well, you should be good with 3-4 non stop days of below zero weather and 40-50 mph sustained wind. Cold, no big deal, day after day of high winds? That's what drives people away.

Some people are pansies. But if they all were housing would be dirt cheep/empty in the area.
Sounds like leaving tractors idle all night so you have something to drive to the main road where you leave the truck kinda weather.
If a little snow and weather bothers you so much buzz can I recommend Glendale or Phoenix.
Your coming off as a guy who buys his firewood or pays someone to stack his hay for him ;)

I'm tougher than woodpecker lips when it comes to cold...the winds a game changer.

If you plan on hunting late elk I'd invest in a spotted seal skin hat. Shovels, chains, truck claws, tow straps, in reach or sat phone...if you dont leave the main roads. Side roads? Without tracks, you're on foot.

This day flat sucked...almost felt bad shooting the poor bastards. Wind was howling.

40888.jpeg

IMG_20221216_091757119.jpg

Only had to dig out twice on the county road on the way home.

Some people are pansies. But if they all were housing would be dirt cheep/empty in the area.
Sounds like leaving tractors idle all night so you have something to drive to the main road where you leave the truck kinda weather.
If a little snow and weather bothers you so much buzz can I recommend Glendale or Phoenix.
Your coming off as a guy who buys his firewood or pays someone to stack his hay for him ;)
Yeah, a little snow and weather.

Beautiful, but very expensive if you want anything other than a city lot.
Haven't been to Sheridan. I think I've been to every other major. I'll make sure to visit before I were to move. I was looking to maximize property size and that led me to the casper area or a few smaller communities in the central area.

I’m not interested in property. I know I’ll (likely) never be able to afford the property that has big bulls, antelope, and bucks running around on it. I rather spend as little time as possible plowing/mowing when there’s tons of accessible public land within an hour and something in season to hunt. I think Sheridan is in the first inning of a 9 inning game. Bozeman’s the same, every 10 years you could look back and wish you bought. It’s not slowing anytime soon.

I’m not interested in property. I know I’ll (likely) never be able to afford the property that has big bulls, antelope, and bucks running around on it. I rather spend as little time as possible plowing/mowing when there’s tons of accessible public land within an hour and something in season to hunt. I think Sheridan is in the first inning of a 9 inning game. Bozeman’s the same, every 10 years you could look back and wish you bought. It’s not slowing anytime soon.
Im not much of a people person, so I prefer to have a little space between me and my neighbor. Even if its only 5 acres. That puts a lot of stuff in the higher range of my comfort level around Sheridan. Its amazing up there, and I do hope to live in the region one day.
Pretty affordable if you're open to regular lots.

Killed a Dec bull on a hunt where the lows were -25 and the high never broke 0 for a week. We were riding horses in a couple hours before daylight. I was riding my sons horse and she lost her ear tips.
Does my pecker measure up?

Edit- Obviously I'm not talking on that December day. It didn't that day.

Found a pic muzzleloader bull. IMG_1830.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back