Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Are these moose or elk droppings?

Southern Elk

I found these fresh droppings on my property. The snow has been melting so I couldn’t find a good set of tracks. Does it look like moose or elk? I’ll tell you which I think it is after a few people post. A85B3592-E091-43F1-AF62-3883FCD23C86.jpeg

So here’s some more information. This is on the property where we just built our new home. A creek runs though the property and neighbors say that moose follow the creek. I have seen moose tracks here. It looks like an ideal spot for elk too, but I’m told elk don’t come through here. I’m thinking it’s moose. Guess it’s time to put up a couple of trail cameras.

In my ”expert opinion“ like all the others experts on this sight is ... it’s an elk.

I recommend is put one in your mouth and if it tastes like a milk dud ... it’s a moose. It it tastes like a brown m&m ... it’s an elk.

moose droppings taste like willow, thats what I saw on a youtube video

Without any scale for size reference, I don’t see why they couldn’t be from a deer. Were there any tracks?

Late in the year the moose pellets are rough and woody because of the willows they feed on. Elk and deer pellets are smooth and waxy if fresh.In the spring on lush green grasses and swamp juice(moose) the piles or less distinct and can resemble piles from beef calves.

Back