Archery Boots

Festus

Need new boots for September archery elk hunt in MT. Have Kenetrek 400 but concerned about being too warm. My feet are hot right now at my desk...
What boots do you archery hunters wear on the mountain?

Had some uninsulated Cabela's 6-point boots for a few years and absolutely hated them; although I will admit that they always kept my feet dry. Then, last year I got some uninsulated Danner Pronghorns and I love them. I use them from August archery antelope (upper 80s) through November cow elk (20s and 30s) and I'm almost always comfortable.

I have used Danner Jackal II's the last two years in the mountains but wore them out fairly early....they were comfy and super lighttweight, but after getting wet a few times they became pretty brutal and I tossed them after only having them for about a year and a half. I'm going to try the new Under Armour Brow Tines this year. I like athletic, lightweight boots that feel like shoes in the early season.

Had some uninsulated Cabela's 6-point boots for a few years and absolutely hated them; although I will admit that they always kept my feet dry. Then, last year I got some uninsulated Danner Pronghorns and I love them. I use them from August archery antelope (upper 80s) through November cow elk (20s and 30s) and I'm almost always comfortable.

I bought the Danner Pronhorns (uninsulated) last August. . .I agree with smarandr, they are good for multiple seasons and weather. I love em.

Lowa Zephyr GTX Hi...on second pair...wore Danner P-horns before, no comparison.

I used to love the Danner pronghorns, but my last pair were crap. Their quality has gone downhill. I am currently sporting some sort of Rocky boot, not my favorite, but they are better than the last pair of Danner's that I owned.

I'd say any pair of uninsulated boots that fit well.

Buying boots based on brand, and not your own personal fit/feel is crazy.

My Merrell Sawtooths have worked out well, but only wear them early. Wouldn't have normally gone with those, but just felt good on my old feet and only a couple of pounds.

PS.

You are buying boots now for September? Unless we are talking about sneakers, 2 months really isn't enough break in time for any leather boot.

I have bought,broke in,wore out and thrown away supposed quality boots in 6 months.

I refuse to risk my feet to any boots I haven't been training in for at least a year.

I've been rotating my current "go to" Vasque's in for almost 2 years, and I'll be wearing them for my 30 days in the backcountry this year. I have a newer pair that I've started to break in for next year. Don't get me started on my socks...

AEE7B27F-26A9-4A90-A298-B9A548D05CAC-2547-00000372FF5DB71C.jpg

00568C0A-437A-4761-870A-D1EB4D09128A-4763-000004AC2B90BDC1.jpg

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
K9TXS
Back