Aoudad surprise

Very nice ram! Really need a front 1/2 mount so that you can get the 'chaps' to show. How far was the shot and what caliber rifle did you use?
Powderhorn09

Unfortunately a half body is not in the cards so I am having a offset shoulder mount with the front part of the legs extended to show off as much of the chaps as I can

He was shot at around 175 yards with a .257 AI loaded with 117 gr hornady sst's

Great caliber. I've got a 70 Featherweight in .257 Roberts and love it. I shoot 117 gr Hornady factory loads in it and it is a 'tack driver'. Sounds like you a great mount figured out for it. Please post up some pics when it is done.
Powderhorn09

How hard is it to get a 'crush fit' in that action for fireforming? I'd think the camming action of a bolt gun makes that easier. I guess that could be alleviated by jamming into the lands for fireforming.

If you want a fast 25 in a #1, I'd just go 257 Weatherby. An 80gr TTSX at 3800+ fps could be fun! :D

I'm wrapping my head around a 25-06 AI in a #1...hopefully I get over it.:p

noharleyyet, you need to go ahead and jump on one as they are SWEET shooters. Had one up till earlier this year and just had a guy offer me too much for it, so I let it go. Have regretted it, so, will probably jump on one again. Do not like the reloading aspect with having to have the safety engaged to @#)(# the action for the second round, but, if you anchor something with the first shot, the reload doesn't have to be fast. It is also considerably cheaper than a Harley!! Get one of those one of these days as the people you meet on the road and at rallies are great!
Powderhorn09

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wisco94
Back