Aoudad surprise

Very nice ram! Really need a front 1/2 mount so that you can get the 'chaps' to show. How far was the shot and what caliber rifle did you use?
Powderhorn09

Unfortunately a half body is not in the cards so I am having a offset shoulder mount with the front part of the legs extended to show off as much of the chaps as I can

He was shot at around 175 yards with a .257 AI loaded with 117 gr hornady sst's

Great caliber. I've got a 70 Featherweight in .257 Roberts and love it. I shoot 117 gr Hornady factory loads in it and it is a 'tack driver'. Sounds like you a great mount figured out for it. Please post up some pics when it is done.
Powderhorn09

How hard is it to get a 'crush fit' in that action for fireforming? I'd think the camming action of a bolt gun makes that easier. I guess that could be alleviated by jamming into the lands for fireforming.

If you want a fast 25 in a #1, I'd just go 257 Weatherby. An 80gr TTSX at 3800+ fps could be fun! :D

I'm wrapping my head around a 25-06 AI in a #1...hopefully I get over it.:p

noharleyyet, you need to go ahead and jump on one as they are SWEET shooters. Had one up till earlier this year and just had a guy offer me too much for it, so I let it go. Have regretted it, so, will probably jump on one again. Do not like the reloading aspect with having to have the safety engaged to @#)(# the action for the second round, but, if you anchor something with the first shot, the reload doesn't have to be fast. It is also considerably cheaper than a Harley!! Get one of those one of these days as the people you meet on the road and at rallies are great!
Powderhorn09

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back