Anything that does/almost tops hunting?

When I can't hunt or talk, read or watch hunting on TV, I fish. Thats it, no gambling, drinking, or chasing women. I chased a woman once, and caught her. Thats why I don't drink, gamble or chase women, I learned my lesson.

Well I have way too many hobbies , resurecting old cars Convertables are my favorite projects, remote controle planes, camping with the family, trap shooting , reloading , fishing and canoeing, mountain bikeing (no mountains where I live so its easyier) :rolleyes:
But right at the moment I am having a blast hunting my kids in paintball, and they don't mind "lighting up" the old man either , :eek:

Sold my 98 Heritage Softail Springer a year ago to help finance my daughter's college matriculation. Riding that springer thru the mountains was a close...very close second to hunting...now it's noharleyagain....for a while anyway.

Been skydiving a few times and that is pretty intense/insane. I would have to say for me it is deep sea fishing. Pulling in marlin or HUGE tuna out of Kona or Cabo is the ultimate for me. Get in the "fighting chair" on a 60 foot Hatteras and you know you are in for a ride.

Fishing, mountain biking, backpacking, and volleyball are part of my recreation. I'd rather be outside in most any kind of weather, since work is inside.

I think I'd like cruising in one of the new '05 Mustang GT's. But, if I did liquidate that much cash and have to spend it, I'd probably go on stone and dall sheep hunts.

Hunting is still #1 though.

Jose,

Fantastic pictures. If I tried kayaking I know I'd like it. I grew up driftboating the upper snake and loved it. The beach pic now, that gal has nice shoulders.......

Outdoors Chick, the Main Salmon begins near Stanley, Idaho goes east to Salmon, turns north, then west to Riggins, then north to join with the Snake. Every inch of it God's country.

I need to get back to Idaho.....

If not hunting I like to fish and hike (actually together via the backpack route ;) ) also photography which is slowly improving. Coaching my kids fastpitch teams rate up there as well- always enjoy anything that the children show a passion for! Hunting is still (and will always be) numero uno!

Hey T...didn't know you liked v-ball. Are you a court player or a sandy?
I hit middle and on-hand for Humboldt State back in my "youth".

Did you happen to catch the finals between Pepperdine and UCLA the other day? One of the best matches I seen in quite some time!

Marv,

I didn't get into v ball until college. Back in small town Idaho, volleyball is a girly-sport.

I play mostly city rec league court, i'll do pick-up sand ball occasionally. My wife is a great setter and we used to play together, but she has bowed out for the most part.

Tyson... hump
Back in small town Idaho, volleyball is a girly-sport
same with where I grew up...none of those "alternative" sport crap like soccer, v-ball, etc...we just played the Big Three!

I started out in a four-man tournament sponsored by Coors beer (good healthy college libation) as a Sophomore and liked it so much I went out for Humboldt's squad. Was just me and one other NorCal'r on the 13 man roster...all the rest were Southern California beach bums. My wife played here locally at the JC and was quite the hitter herself....now after kids and knee surgeries we both bat it around like a couple of lifetime YMCA wannabees :D

Fishing on the ocean is as exciting as hunting to me. No matter what kind of fishing you're doing. Bottom fishing is awesome because you never know what kind of fish is coming up. Using light tackle and jigs makes even more exciting. Fishing for Tuna is as good as it gets for me, albacore can really scream off some line, but hook into a bluefin and all hell breaks loose. I landed a 60 lb bluefin on 30lb test line on a light shimano pole, I'll never forget that. It took me 8 trips arond the boat, ducking under other anglers, and putting up with dumbasses that kept trying to knock your fish off( at one point i thought the deck hand was going to cold @#)(# one guy) after an hour of fighting this fish I finally boated it. That ranked right up there because i had to do everything in my ability to land that fish. I would love to try for marlin some day.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back