MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Anything that does/almost tops hunting?

Wyodeerhunter

Banned
Hey all,
Does anyone here have a hobby etc that tops hunting? Is there something you love to do more than chase critters around? Now I know about family, work blah blah but i was wondering if there was anything else? For me hunting is still number one but photography and poker come in a close 2nd, same with shed hunting. In fact i've been playing poker so much lately that i really haven't went in the hills. I even started playing online for money :S The gas prices here have made it to where I can't go in the hills as much, so my interest has been side tracked. I've done very well playing online, its a lot of fun, but still not as fun as getting together with the boys and some beer.

heres a pic of a good win i had the other day:

pokerwin.jpg

Sex without drugs but while listening to rock and roll. Seriously, the only thing that comes close to hunting, to me, is keeping the gear tuned, planning upcoming hunts, and discussing same with other enthusiasts.

I hate to say this,,,but,,,I've been enjoing watching BASEBALL...Namely the Seattle Mariners....In the past 5 years or so I've seen more baseball, than football(pro football that is)...

Hunterman(Tony)

Fishing bass tournys is the primary thing I do, then comes hunting( mainly do to I have to get drawn)

Fishing is year round and I can fish 30 mins from the house.
I dont like anything else, no baseball or any ball game for that matter, I do like to take the kids with me when fishing cause they enjoy it.
As far as gambling I love it when it doesnt interfer with fishing tournys. April and I used to goto laughlin alot like every 3 months.
Delw

Nope, nothing tops hunting for me. If there isn't a hunting season open, there is scouting, reloading, shooting, reading hunting magazines, and talking to others about it. Yes I am obsessed, and that's why I'm here on Hunt Talk. :D hump

I'd have to Say a Good poker game is close to hunting........ I've been slacking on that big time lately. Although I got to throw some Coins out in Utah last weekend.

a good poker game is OK, but chasing Marlin and BIG fish around tops the list. There is little as exciting as being on deck with 350+ pounds of angry billfish screaming line off of a reel and people running around like headless chickens. Then when everything is in order, you settle down and watch and run the boat and try to keep everything together. That is more exciting than just about anything that's fun.

:cool:

Rafting and Kayaking are probably as exciting, if not more exciting than hunting. Many of the same elements of planning, dreaming, and being outside. But a lot more adrenaline...... :D

wsheepgunner.jpg

CalifBeach.sized.jpg

BruinCamp.sized.jpg

Spring03_026.sized.jpg

Camping, shooting, ATVing, snorkeling, diving, 4x4ing into old ghost towns and other family pastimes are all right up there with hunting. My Dad didn't really hunt, but loved to shoot - so we started out more as shooters than hunters, obviously.

I love a lot of things more then hunting Animals!!!

I love Photography, then Scrapbooking, and and then Hunting the opposite Sex ;)

I liked river rafting also!!! Did it a few years ago on the Salmon River... hump hump

What happened when that red raft hit the big rock? Its looks bad in this picture. Did that little bobbing head in the other picture make it out? It looks bad in that picture too.

Talking about hunting, that's half the fun of hunting, they say. I've focused on hunting the last few years, to many hobbies can be pretty distracting.

Tom said:
What happened when that red raft hit the big rock? Its looks bad in this picture. Did that little bobbing head in the other picture make it out? It looks bad in that picture too.
Tom, no rocks were harmed in the making of these pictures.... :D
If you remember your Physics, no two objects can occupy the same place, therefore the raft and the rock can't be in the same place at the same time. There actually isn't a rock where the raft is headed, just darker water.

As for the "little bobbing head", it is still firmly attached to my neck/shoulders. In that picture is a 16' raft that you can't see, swallowed by the river. The rapid is Wild Sheep in Hells Canyon on the Snake River.

The other two pictures are from the Main Salmon River (aka The River of No Return).

I’ve got to agree with marlin fishing being right up there. When a fish that big slams the lure and you watch a rod as stiff as a broom stick bend double, 80# test burn off a Penn international like free fall. Pulling the drag, a fish that can swim faster than a deer can run. Synchronized pandemonium while you try to get the other lines in and strap yourself to a chair because the sucker might pull YOU in. It’s a gas.
Marlin fishing is big game hunting.

Arguing with Gunner!.. :D .OK just a gaff..Hunting is Tops but traveling is way,way up there...i always look for new places that i haven`t been... I have 3 differant routes i take to Laughlin and about 7 to Utah.[Cedar City]...I love to travel by 4x4 truck... go off of the beaten path..but i`m always looking for critters...But i love Vegas...Shows/food/gambling...Texas hold em...any poker video whatever.. comedy shows I`m down... love to laugh...thats why hunttalk....But hunting is the best. hump

Traveling cross country alone, for days carrying very little, seeing and feeling new experiences... :)

Fishing for salmon in Alaska and Oregon, bass fishing tournaments, enjoying my 18 month old grandson and turning him into a hunter and fisherman. Nice shots Josey. I rowed a driftboat I built down the Rogue river from Grants Pass to Gold Beach about 20 years ago. Major adrenaline rush to some of that rafting stuff.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back