Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Anyone ever fished with this guy?

Dana

I'm going to be in Florida next month, and have booked a guy that calls himself Mark the Shark for a day of big game saltwater fishing out of Miami Beach. Has anyone every been out with him or know anything about him? I'm curious what I might expect. His website is www.marktheshark.com. Thanks for any advise!

Not I... went out off of Georgia coast a couple years back... Haha! Barge fishing... nothing real special.

Look forward to some good pics and story when you return from your fishing trip though :) Oh, and don't forget... a good lookin dinner plate and recipe. ;)

Last edited:
Mark the shark huh can't say I would book with him just cuz of his lame name....but hey maybe he is that good

Sytes, will do!

Mudranger1, yeah, kind odd name I agree. Supposedly, as the claim is, he has caught more sharks than anyone on earth.... I'm not sure if we will be targeting sharks, billfish, tuna or what, but I do know we will be fishing in the Gulfstream so it should be good from my prior experiences. To his credit, I have seen him featured a few times on Trevor Gowdy's show Monster Fish. I'm hoping there is some substance to the hype... we'll see.

Following up as promised with the pics. As you will see from what follows, this was everything as advertised. I caught a 13 foot, 700 pound Hammerhead Shark. We got a sailfish as well. Trip of a lifetime!

Attachments

• BEACH HAMMERHEAD.jpg
    BEACH HAMMERHEAD.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 203
  • BUISNESS END HAMMER.jpg
    BUISNESS END HAMMER.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 200
  • 2011-02-19_12.18.33.jpg
    2011-02-19_12.18.33.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 205
  • 799_82.jpg
    799_82.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 203
  • KEITH ABBOTT MIAMI BEACH TROPHY SAILFISH.jpg
    KEITH ABBOTT MIAMI BEACH TROPHY SAILFISH.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 201
Does shark eat pretty well?
I've never had the plesure of eating any. Looks like you will have at least a couple hundred pounds of meat there.
Great pics, looks like one hell of a good time!

Wow! Can`t say that I would sit in that chair though! :eek: Something about dangling over the side of a boat while reeling in something like that just puts the fear in me. But if I could get over the fear, that would be the ultimate place to sit!

Super catch though! Also curious about the meat?

Looks like you had some fun in the sun and got some tired arms.

Chit, another thing to add to my to do list!

That chair over the water is it. Does it come with a roll of TP?:D

Nice Fish!

Does shark eat pretty well?
I've never had the plesure of eating any. Looks like you will have at least a couple hundred pounds of meat there.
Great pics, looks like one hell of a good time!

I've eaten some very good shark out of the gulf on the west side of Florida. Don't remember what kind it was, but it was much smaller than that.:D

Awesome pictures.

Thanks guys! Yeah, to say that climbing up into that chair hanging over the water was a bit intense would be an understatement...espcially given that you are NOT strapped in...just sitting there, hanging on! The fight took one hour and 15 minutes, and took three hapoon jobs to get it in. It broke the first harpoon....broke it! As you can see from the pics, the door that it's drug in through it directly beside me. I took a pretty hard tail smack on the way by, but the captain got a big hit by the hammer that damned near knocked him out clean.

As far as the eating goes, this one's at the taxidermist, so I wont be eating it. Shark can be really good though. Ive eaten smaller hammerheads, blacktips, and atlantic sharpnose, however my prior biggest was just under 7 feet. I've heard that when/if they get this big, that they really arent worth eating.

Certainly a fish of a lifetime!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back