Anyone considering the F150 Electric?

Does anyone else own a boat? I have 5 batteries in my boat. They last 3-5 years before they need to be replaced... How expensive is it to replace the lithium batteries in your electric car? How about a lithium mine, ever seen one of those?

Seems like an extremely short term solution to "switch to electric". I can't imagine there is any money savings going to electric in the long run.

Attachments

• open-pit-lithium-mine.jpg
    open-pit-lithium-mine.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 15
The growth in charging stations here has been amazing over the past couple of years. They seem to be popping up everywhere. Many grocery store parking lots have them now, there's even a small farm near me that installed some. I think those that are saying no are really saying not yet (whether they know it or not). Give it a few years and the range will be 500 miles and there'll be a charger in Bairoil, WY. I'll be thinking about some electric/hybrid when I next buy.

I want a Tesla for the autopilot more than the EV aspect. Sleeping through Missouri on trips to visit family would be sweet.

Does anyone else own a boat? I have 5 batteries in my boat. They last 3-5 years before they need to be replaced... How expensive is it to replace the lithium batteries in your electric car? How about a lithium mine, ever seen one of those?

Seems like an extremely short term solution to "switch to electric". I can't imagine there is any money savings going to electric in the long run.

What's a set of replacement batteries for a tesla? Cause I know what they cost for my boat, and I cringe at that and they aren't lithium batteries.

What's a set of replacement batteries for a tesla? Cause I know what they cost for my boat, and I cringe at that and they aren't lithium batteries.
Most EV batteries have an 8 year lifespan guarantee and depending upon the manufacturer, you can pay between $0 & $20,000. Some batteries can last between 10 & 20 years.

So, quit hanging up on that nice guy who wants to sell you an extended warranty.

Exactly...

Here I googled it...

almost 16k to get a new set of batteries in your tesla. LOL I'll never own an electric vehicle.

Supposedly last 1500-2000 cycles before performance decreases. Could be as little as 5 years.

Last edited:
Everybody under 40 fits into two categories.
1) will die soon
2) will own electric vehicle

There won’t be gas vehicles in 30 years. Simple fundamentals of capitalism will do away with them if heavy handed government regulations don’t. The market won’t support paying more for an inferior product, which is what gas vehicles will be in the very near future.
EVs are already safer, WAY faster, have less maintenance, etc. when they cost 30% less than gas and their range is 3x what it is today nobody will buy gas.

Last edited:
Everybody under 40 fits into two categories.
1) will die soon
2) will own electric vehicle

There won’t be gas vehicles in 30 years. Simple fundamentals of capitalism will do away with them if heavy handed government regulations don’t. The market won’t support paying more for an inferior product, which is what has vehicles will be in the very near future.
EVs are already safer, WAY faster, have less maintenance, etc. when they cost 30% less than gas and their range is 3x what it is today nobody will buy gas.
Agreed. "Won't be new gas being built"... but yeah.

I think coal will be mostly if not completely gone in the US, but I see natural gas being used for waaaaay longer than a lot of people currently think.

Kinda to your point, I made a couple of my engineering friends do some math, battery question aside for now, using natural gas via electricity to homes to power cars, is more energy efficient than transporting gasoline to stations and using it in IC engines.

Just is what it is...

Speaking of warranties… why does a brand new engine in a $60k pickup have a 60k mile warranty but a remanufactured engine has 100k mile warranty? I could never figure that one out.

Speaking of warranties… why does a brand new engine in a $60k pickup have a 60k mile warranty but a remanufactured engine has 100k mile warranty? I could never figure that one out.
Where is the OME factory, who does the remanufactured work?

Agreed. "Won't be new gas being built"... but yeah.

I think coal will be mostly if not completely gone in the US, but I see natural gas being used for waaaaay longer than a lot of people currently think.

I think coal and natural gas both will be around way longer than most people think/hope/realize, just to power all the EVs they think we'll be driving soon. Hydro, wind, and solar can't cut it at this point.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back