Caribou Gear

Anybody Like Ruger Boat Paddles?

Steiny77

For some reason, I happen to like the Ruger 77 black plastic boat paddle, stainless rifles and own several in different calibers.
Just picked up another .243 today.

After looking around on Gunbroker, etc. for comparable I paid $1,000 for it.
The original purchase receipt was in the box from 1996. Anybody care to guess what it sold for in 96?

I purchased one brand new in '96 - $300 with a friends/family discount from a buddy's dad. 7RM. Killed more than a few elk with it before I traded it [plus cash] to a buddy for a CJ-5 that's still sitting in my folks' barn.

I remember when those came out -- they were "different". Recall seeing used ones at gun shows you could pick up for cheap (like everything else "in the good old days"). Definitely bringing high prices now on gunbroker

For some reason, I happen to like the Ruger 77 black plastic boat paddle, stainless rifles and own several in different calibers.
Just picked up another .243 today.

After looking around on Gunbroker, etc. for comparable I paid $1,000 for it.
The original purchase receipt was in the box from 1996. Anybody care to guess what it sold for in 96?
I have a 77/22 that is stupid accurate. I've had a couple Anschutz 22s that didn't shoot any better and cost 3x as much.

I'm guessing $450. I bought a few Rugers in that time frame 92-96, a blue/wood 243, a blue/wood Ultralight 270, and a 77/22 zytel. The 243 was $400, the ultralight was $500, and the 77/22 was $350 if I remember right. They're all "worth" about double that now.

Axmen in Missoula had one chambered in .260 years ago. I fondled that thing dozens of times, and I'm pretty sure they had it marked down under 300 by the time it sold. Always kicked myself for not buying it.

Axmen in Missoula had one chambered in .260 years ago. I fondled that thing dozens of times, and I'm pretty sure they had it marked down under 300 by the time it sold. Always kicked myself for not buying it.
My FIL had one. And one in .280. He sold them both without asking me first. mtmuley

I bought a used 30-06 boat paddle around 10 years ago for $450.00. It has since been turned into a 35 Whelen with an addition of a nice recoil pad like the one in the pic above. Probably not worth much now but I always wanted a 35 Whelen and didn't need 3 different 30-06's in the safe.

Loved them when I was younger but never have owned one. My brother has a 280 and 22 mag, both shot very little

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idelkhntr13
Back