PEAX Equipment

Anybody Like Ruger Boat Paddles?

I always had a soft for the boat paddles but never owned one till last fall when I stumbled onto this 243 and picked it up “for the girlfriend”. Cheek weld/comb isn’t the most comfortable but overall I’m really impressed with the accuracy out of the little rifle. As much as I love the look of the old gloss vari X-II I’ve got a 4.5-14x56 with the curved bell I’m debating on putting on it to lower the scope a bit. IMG_6698.jpeg

I’d never seen one of these boat paddle stocks before this thread. I think they look pretty neat. Not as nice looking as wood, but better looking than most plain plastic stocks IMO.

I always had a soft for the boat paddles but never owned one till last fall when I stumbled onto this 243 and picked it up “for the girlfriend”. Cheek weld/comb isn’t the most comfortable but overall I’m really impressed with the accuracy out of the little rifle. As much as I love the look of the old gloss vari X-II I’ve got a 4.5-14x56 with the curved bell I’m debating on putting on it to lower the scope a bit. View attachment 281023
Now that you mentioned it, I recall the cheek weld. Didn't think too much about it back then but I would now.

A friend of mine bought one in 7mm mag from a lady who's husband passed away. He got it for a hundred bucks. I offered to double it but he wouldn't bite. I usually don't have that kind of luck.

I’d never seen one of these boat paddle stocks before this thread. I think they look pretty neat. Not as nice looking as wood, but better looking than most plain plastic stocks IMO.
People were doing wood inserts for the grip and fore end panels. Best of both worlds, super classy

Love mine in 30-06, have had since the late 90's. It's been through many horrible rainy days here in Oregon and never failed me, has killed everything I've shot at. I've always thought of it as a very accurate rifle.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back