MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Anybody Buying Yet? Where’s the Bottom?

These numbers are almost unbelievable after all of the layoffs that we’ve been hearing about.

Lots in leisure and hospitality. The rise in construction continues to surprise me. The layoff announcements make the news but they really don't amount to much (obviously, as this number shows). I still think the seasonal adjustments are messed up a little from the last two years of Covid. Also, BLS said government/education even increased because some teachers strikes ended. I'm not sure that should count as a real gain.

Cosed my RDFN gamble out while still up. Will put into life cycle while bonds are still suffering.

Summer.

Bottom or not where else are you going to put your money? I dug into TIPS today. Secondary market is as sketchy as value basis stock gambling. No way dollar cost averaging from where we are doesn't beat TIPS, long term.

Next question, when is the bottom on bulk 5.56? Better than gold. If PMC goes below .30/rd I'm in.

A little hype for DFLI, stock is up this morning. I still haven't bought any.🙁
As of Jan 31, there were 230k shares sold short. Yesterday, 1.14M shares traded hands. Already at 375k today. I'm not sure what it means, I just think maybe I should set some limit orders to sell at a price I like. I just don't know what price that is because there is zero way to value this company. Fun times.

As of Jan 31, there were 230k shares sold short. Yesterday, 1.14M shares traded hands. Already at 375k today. I'm not sure what it means, I just think maybe I should set some limit orders to sell at a price I like. I just don't know what price that is because there is zero way to value this company. Fun times.

paper handed b bro

gonna hold this one till i die

all 15, or whatever it was, shares that i bought lol

Great day to be in on Fastly, I'd been following for a bit and then much more closely after they announced Todd Nightingale coming over from Cisco. I have a couple friends at Cisco and they independently raved about him as a leader and revenue generator.

Lots in leisure and hospitality. The rise in construction continues to surprise me. The layoff announcements make the news but they really don't amount to much (obviously, as this number shows). I still think the seasonal adjustments are messed up a little from the last two years of Covid. Also, BLS said government/education even increased because some teachers strikes ended. I'm not sure that should count as a real gain.
We travelled the last few weekends...still a huge number of openings in the service industry. Don't think we passed a single vendor's threshold that did not have a help wanted.

Wow! Lithium world is taking a beating! The DFLI I tossed a few into is getting crushed!

View attachment 265733
It did NOT like the Ford news on battery supplier. Can’t find support anywhere and now trading like an option. I can’t find an earnings date anywhere (other than estimates). Hence is the life of investing in a micro cap.

We travelled the last few weekends...still a huge number of openings in the service industry. Don't think we passed a single vendor's threshold that did not have a help wanted.
Traveling myself at present. Same thing. Still openings in leisure and hospitality. Nothing else (career rather than job) wants to pay enough for the role or is worried about possible revenue declines and wants to protect margins.

I hit the bottom in the 07-09 crash and got ripped off for $280,000 in a week and no one went to jail.
I have new bottoms to hit now in cancer numbers.

Enjoy it you highrollers.

It would be quicker and less painful if we went to Vegas and put our wad on red.
Come in BHR, that’s extreme. The drawdowns feel more painful than they are. The historical long term chart is up and to the right. Not exactly what a roulette payoff is.

Come in BHR, that’s extreme. The drawdowns feel more painful than they are. The historical long term chart is up and to the right. Not exactly what a roulette payoff is.
That was sort of a joke.😉 But I do wish I listened to my own advice at the beginning of the year and liquidated everything. Then watch the show from the cheap seats for a while. Hindsight......

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back