Anybody Buying Yet? Where’s the Bottom?

That was sort of a joke.😉 But I do wish I listened to my own advice at the beginning of the year and liquidated everything. Then watch the show from the cheap seats for a while. Hindsight......
Equites still up 4-5% so far this year. You can sell it all and buy a 1yr treasury and earn another 5%. Pretty solid return if you do.

Equites still up 4-5% so far this year. You can sell it all and buy a 1yr treasury and earn another 5%. Pretty solid return if you do.
Any Mutual funds that have this type of return that is a safe 4-5% with treasury?

Bank has 7 month and a 1 year cd at 4%+. Going to put some of my money market savings there this week. My main equity is trading at a 3.6 pe and is paying a dividend of $1.00 per year. I'm going to ride that sucker into the dirt.🙂

Any Mutual funds that have this type of return that is a safe 4-5% with treasury?
Ishares ladders are here. https://www.ishares.com/us/strategies/bond-etfs/build-better-bond-ladders

Lots of flavors- Treasuries, corporates, munis. Invesco calls theirs bullets or something. They are etfs that essentially expire. You can buy a 1-3yr treasury etf, but it will still move around with the short term rate because they are constantly reinvesting the funds in new bonds. The etfs that expire don’t do that. They pay you cash back and you reinvest. Look at fact sheet and SEC yield or Yield to maturity for rate. As per industry standard, all the rates are annualized.

Ishares ladders are here. https://www.ishares.com/us/strategies/bond-etfs/build-better-bond-ladders

Lots of flavors- Treasuries, corporates, munis. Invesco calls theirs bullets or something. They are etfs that essentially expire. You can buy a 1-3yr treasury etf, but it will still move around with the short term rate because they are constantly reinvesting the funds in new bonds. The etfs that expire don’t do that. They pay you cash back and you reinvest. Look at fact sheet and SEC yield or Yield to maturity for rate. As per industry standard, all the rates are annualized.
Reason I am asking about certain funds or bonds is because I want to put some in it within an IRA or 401K.

Reason I am asking about certain funds or bonds is because I want to put some in it within an IRA or 401K.
I assume you mean a personal or self-directed account. All are eligible, as is almost any security. In a company/employer managed account, your only option is probably the short term bond option.

Rough! Wonder what % will encompass the, "more aggressive... Pricing ahead of the spring selling season".

Recent earnings by one of the largest home builders.

"Brutal. That’s the best way to describe KB Home’s fourth quarter, which saw its buyer cancellation rate spike to 68%. That figure dwarfed the publicly traded homebuilder’s 13% cancellation rate from the previous year’s period. It also surpassed the industry’s peak cancellation rate of 47% during the darkest days of the 2008-era crash.

“Depending on market dynamics and backlog levels in each community, we are getting more aggressive with our pricing ahead of the spring selling season, in order to generate new orders,” KB Home told investors back in January after posting its disappointing fourth-quarter result."

Sorry all you DFLI investors. Here's a little poem to lift your spirits......🙂

View attachment 265999

Seriously, it's all still in the unrecognized g/l category for now though.

Meanwhile, has anyone seen Draft Day with Kevin Costner? I feel like him with Nvidia written on a note in my hand. I told myself 13 years ago when I cleared my independence with them that I would invest....still haven't bought a single share (outside my 401k funds). Stupid

Bought at $7.50 sold half at $15 and then a week or so later sold the rest at $15 right before it went into the 20s if I remember correctly. I am happy with my dfli experience. Finally had one go right.

Have 100 @ 5.9

Seems the rats are jumping ship. Apparently my 100 didn't meet my sell trigger. That and lack of review.

Blah. Buddy sent me this at our end of February % gain competition. Funny as it fits both views. Haha!

1677232979989.png

DFLI is a complete POS. But this is what I get for buying a pre-revenue SPAC.

This morning S&P checked back to 200day and bounced. This is a good technical indicator, but it will be an interesting close. I expect follow thru on Monday either way, but it's a coin-flip on direction. I still think earnings are too high and valuations too rich for the overall market given inflation indicators are showing that rates aren't coming down any time soon. But the stock price action in 2023 has been very strong so I feel like I'm fighting the tape.

DFLI is a complete POS. But this is what I get for buying a pre-revenue SPAC.

This morning S&P checked back to 200day and bounced. This is a good technical indicator, but it will be an interesting close. I expect follow thru on Monday either way, but it's a coin-flip on direction. I still think earnings are too high and valuations too rich for the overall market given inflation indicators are showing that rates aren't coming down any time soon. But the stock price action in 2023 has been very strong so I feel like I'm fighting the tape.
You should be on cnbc. Genius

I assume you're not buying from the treasury directly because you want to avoid income taxes.

Some IRA handlers, Fidelity for instance, allow you to buy TIPS in larger amounts. The next auction is late March. There's more to this than appears obvious at first glance.

Other bond buying, like in funds, can put you in an unrecoverable position based on bond market reaction to inflation. This is why the you'd do as well and probably better long term in a straight S&P index fund than the target date funds many of us are suffering with currently.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back