Anybody Buying Yet? Where’s the Bottom?

Gold's up today.😁
Probably! Just wondering out loud about shifting my "basic" 401 investments into bonds or something to keep the daily loss rate down. Large and small caps and such are killing me! Just like everyone else, I guess. . . 🤷‍♂️

OK, possible dumb question at this point but are there any recommendations on where to put my 401 money to TRY and reduce the bleeding? I'm not very market savvy! Looking like this will continue and I would like to lose as little per day as possible. Thinking whenever things turn around I would reallocate to more profitable things then. Retirement? Yeah, right. Seems like a dream now.

Thanks.
Cash and I bonds.

Probably! Just wondering out loud about shifting my "basic" 401 investments into bonds or something to keep the daily loss rate down. Large and small caps and such are killing me! Just like everyone else, I guess. . . 🤷‍♂️
Dave, if you do this, you would need to have a plan to get your money back into the market when the bleeding stops as well as know when the bleeding has stopped. That’s the treachery of timing the market. It can be done but it requires you to be right multiple times which is pretty tough. The time to sell was probably months ago if you were going to do that. Most people are best off letting their retirement funds ride the ups and downs. Just don’t check your balances.

The RVs rolling down the road is telling me that

i couldn't believe it. drove i25 all the way down to castle rock and back to help in laws move. the amount of camper trailers towed by diesels, the amount of diesels beds packed with dirt bikes and a side by sides in the trailer....

it wasn't even a holiday weekend!

Buying opportunity here @Flatrock

Yea I'm sure you're loading up on it, right?!?! If it has a 90% dump like it's done multiple time in the past and gets under 10k, then I'll absolutely be buying. Might buy a little now but I think there's a good chance it has some more bad days.

Yea I'm sure you're loading up on it, right?!?! If it has a 90% dump like it's done multiple time in the past and gets under 10k, then I'll absolutely be buying. Might buy a little now but I think there's a good chance it has some more bad days.
I think your right. I think Michael Saylor will be getting his much anticipated margin call any day now.

If it gets into the single digits, , I'll take a look at it.

nope-bear.gif

i couldn't believe it. drove i25 all the way down to castle rock and back to help in laws move. the amount of camper trailers towed by diesels, the amount of diesels beds packed with dirt bikes and a side by sides in the trailer....

it wasn't even a holiday weekend!
Most of this was probably financed with low interest loans. So looking forward, bull or bear?

It's a given type article though brief enough for some broad perspective... Take it as you will.

Seems like a common sentiment- If Fed goes 50bps then they remain behind the curve and stocks chop lower, if they go aggressive and do 75, the stocks drop significantly faster due to chance of recession. It reflects the deep negative sentiment.

Market moving heavily toward 75 this morning on short end of curve. 90day bill at almost 1.8%.

Seems like a common sentiment- If Fed goes 50bps then they remain behind the curve and stocks chop lower, if they go aggressive and do 75, the stocks drop significantly faster due to chance of recession. It reflects the deep negative sentiment.

Market moving heavily toward 75 this morning on short end of curve. 90day bill at almost 1.8%.
I expect to only see a 50 bps and the market marginally down on it. I don’t think this market is anywhere near bottom or heading to one in the foreseeable future. Everyone has the v bottom from the pandemic in their head. I dont think anyone should be in a hurry to get bullish in this market.

Back