Caribou Gear Tarp

Anybody Buying Yet? Where’s the Bottom?

AAPL is a risky investment right now IMO.

Apple said last month that supply-chain constraints, which included the chip shortage and Covid-19 cases in the components manufacturing hub of Southeast Asia, had hurt potential revenue by $6 billion in July-September and hindered iPhone production.Nov 12, 2021
View attachment 204194
https://www.wsj.com › articles › iph...

iPhone Maker Foxconn Expects Supply-Chain Issues Until Second Half of ...

I don’t expect Australia to do anything without US behind them or in front of them especially with China.

Yes chip shortage is known !
But Apple other product line should make up for any chip shortage Jobs gave us a heads up last brief .

Last edited:
I don’t expect Austria to do anything without US behind them or in front of them especially with China. Love the Aussies spunk but without US and Britain’s Military support they will be in dangerous waters.

Yes chip shortage is known !
But Apple other product line should make up for any chip shortage Jobs gave us a heads up last brief . Samsung just announced a chip factory in TX and Intel already has ties to Apple today. So Apple is positioning as well as the chip market for the absence of Taiwan Semiconductors as well as our government.

Does Austria even have an army?😉
Defense force just like South Korea and Japan but small detachments have been deployed to Afghanistan. I did not see any Aussies in Iraq when I was their in OIF
Austria..... https://www.britannica.com/place/Austria

So why do you think Microsoft is a good investment right now?
big cloud player !
Really I only have 2 stocks in my portfolio with 50% in MSFT and APPL the rest in cash.
So I guess you could say I don’t have all my investment in one basket. 2 basket !
Toyota uses Samsung chips in Tundra just heard on news !

Last edited:
China has interwoven itself in our medical and education institutions. With most of our medicines originates in China if they decided to stop exporting that would cripple the the medical community.
A lot of prestigious universities except donations from the riches Asians in China. In return their children get American educated and sometimes get very good jobs that require secret clearance. Sounds like a Tom Clancy novel but it’s true . Just ask any major college how much do Chinese donate to their programs and see what answer you will receive.
One case was at Ft Derick Maryland in the Biological department they had Chinese CCP member working at a classified program that would regularly travel back and fourth to China.

Last edited:
Ukraine
Russia waiting for ground to freeze before military offensive. Support wheeled vehicles unable to traverse muddy terrain until it freezes during the day. This will happen most likely in January.
Ukraine at one time was the largest military member of the WARSAW pact. Their factories produced the tanks T62 that was the main battle tank during the Cold War. Today this mighty giant still has the tanks but they have been sitting still and not maintained for 40 years in a tank graveyard. Some have been recovered and upgraded but not even the numbers needed to stand up to the Russian Army.
So this Christmas let’s pray for the Americans left behind in Afghanistan and for the Ukraine Military soldier in the trench for Christmas.
If Biden was going to give military support to Ukraine our Fort Hood 1st Cav Division would already be enroute. Germany is in need of the Russian pipeline so any move from them would jeopardize the deal. Again Germany is dependent on fuel to run its machine !
I would be asking for NATO support and pressure Ukraine to join then quickly fly C17 loaded with Leopard and Abraham tanks to stand the ground until the main force can arrive. Time is running out !
That’s how you stand up to a bully !

Last edited:
China does not export oil.
#1: China absolutely exports oil.

1638729454229.png

#2: unless your personal theories on foreign policy are going to culminate in some kind of relevance to current investment strategies, please start another thread. If I wanted to read conspiracy theories of Chinese agents entering via our university system (and I do not), I would go find someplace else to do so. This interesting thread has been going for a long time, please don’t derail it with these completely unrelated personal thoughts on completely different topics.

Don’t get me wrong, most of the last 3-4 pages have been wild speculation based on few facts, but if you have any question of China’s desire to interweave themselves into a wide variety of our countries institutions (as we often do to other countries), then look up Josh Rogin and some of the research he has been doing. Rogin is a legitimate award winning journalist

Well with all the China bashing going on here, I'm having a hard time wanting to invest in AAPL.

AAPL has been diversifying supply chain but still heavily reliant on China. What has to be considered when thinking China will attack Taiwan is that any economic relationship has two beneficiaries. Saw an estimate that Apple ecosystem employs like 1.5m people in China. Pretty amazing, but to think China would lock down apple products knowing it would lead to 1.5m unemployed people is just not a thorough thought process.

No doubt China wants to be the #1 economic powerhouse. My estimate is they just wait until 2024 (with 2022 being a preview). Americans can’t agree on anything and look like a slow-motion train wreck. No reason to start a conflict now, economic or military, that they will suffer greatly from and probably lose. They just wait. Russia too (easier for Russia to help us destroy ourselves on Facebook). We need to get our stuff together or we are in a lot of trouble.

AAPL has been diversifying supply chain but still heavily reliant on China. What has to be considered when thinking China will attack Taiwan is that any economic relationship has two beneficiaries. Saw an estimate that Apple ecosystem employs like 1.5m people in China. Pretty amazing, but to think China would lock down apple products knowing it would lead to 1.5m unemployed people is just not a thorough thought process.

No doubt China wants to be the #1 economic powerhouse. My estimate is they just wait until 2024 (with 2022 being a preview). Americans can’t agree on anything and look like a slow-motion train wreck. No reason to start a conflict now, economic or military, that they will suffer greatly from and probably lose. They just wait. Russia too (easier for Russia to help us destroy ourselves on Facebook). We need to get our stuff together or we are in a lot of trouble.
I'm betting on freedom. Even 60 minutes is waking up to the coming threat, albeit slowly.

I'm betting on freedom. Even 60 minutes is waking up to the coming threat, albeit slowly.

I don’t think there is a threat to us economically simply because we will lose that position regardless. Being #1 in gdp isn’t all that important. We need to invest in our scientific capabilities through education. That is how we remain a powerhouse. We don’t have to rely on China for lithium or the Congo for cobalt if we find other ways to power a car or store electricity. From what I read, there is some amazing stuff going on. Our problem is within and we will determine our own fate.

I don’t think there is a threat to us economically simply because we will lose that position regardless. Being #1 in gdp isn’t all that important. We need to invest in our scientific capabilities through education. That is how we remain a powerhouse. We don’t have to rely on China for lithium or the Congo for cobalt if we find other ways to power a car or store electricity. From what I read, there is some amazing stuff going on. Our problem is within and we will determine our own fate.
The threat has nothing to do with GDP, lithium, or cobalt. The last line in the 60 minutes segment is the money line. Watch it.

Back