Anybody Buying Yet? Where’s the Bottom?

No bailout for rentals yet. If the get it that stock should pop like airlines did. And I agree, a billionair has many connections. Although call Trump is pointless, he has to call the lawmakers instead correct? Trump only signs the bill, he can't craft it.

Slush fund.
No bailout for rentals yet. If the get it that stock should pop like airlines did. And I agree, a billionair has many connections. Although call Trump is pointless, he has to call the lawmakers instead correct? Trump only signs the bill, he can't craft it.
Slush fun maybe. HTZ won't be the only one asking for money (hence the gif I posted). I bought HTZ when Ichan bought it years ago, price was in the upper teens. Cut my losses early and it has been dead money. The fund has a lot of debt and the car rental market is commoditized. They have premier locations, but if no one is flying it doesn't matter. They can only pay the debt for so long. My thoughts on Ichan as an investor are best left to private conversations. Oh the stories.

My guess is the support at our five year low will be tested. Don't buy yet for long term outlook, imo.

The bottom for the DOW is probably < 15,000, which will happen sometime over the next few months once the ripple effect of all of this starts hitting. I hope I'm wrong.

I thought I hit Spg perfect yesterday but it kept going down.

Going to sit on the sidelines for a bit and see what happens...I was very happy to break even today!

Buffet pulled out a snot ton of his holding from DAL (Delta) and LUV (Southwest) aftermarket... DAL dropped 11.5% after the announcement.

Tomorrow the reverberation from such will send other large holdings in travel, etc into the red.

Which airline looks good at "bottom" prices?

Leaning toward Delta but they all scare me somewhat.
I'd personally steer clear of airlines. Originally, I thought a long term hold would be a good play though further research shares the following.
Delta and United both filed bankruptcy in 2002 and 2005 from Sept '01 event. C-19 holds much broader implications.
IF bankruptcy occurs;
Common share holders are last in line to gain crumbs on the dollars held... Usually after x duration of time consumed by legal action.

Options are gone. Big fat zero for calls. Great for puts.

If you feel bankruptcy will not occur, I'd shoot for UAL over DAL. Bare bones #'s over a steady yearly review. Not looking at business models, earning reports, etc...
Pre C-19:
DAL steady @ $45.
UAL steady @ $85.

Both linger around the same 20$ price point.

Remember, it took five years for stocks to rise from that 18000 DOW area and it's been a great run! It's not, as many TSP/401 holders believe, an immediate return to recover losses in a year or two... We are in a Presidential election year as well... who knows how our market reacts.

Many good stocks ripe for a gain once they reach that bottom.

Not that a disclaimer is necessary on some internet hunt forum though for chits n grins, I'm a hobby day/swing trader that picks up mid/long term holding along the way.

Which airline looks good at "bottom" prices?

Leaning toward Delta but they all scare me somewhat.
I bought a small amount of DAL just about the 52 week low. Even at that, I'm a little concerned, but they are a well ran company and I don't have a lot invested.

I'm not sure what you are trying to say here.
Sorry, some seem to be preferring uncommented data these days.

A number of possible thoughts to consider out of this data set. A few of mine:

- If a person looked at their investments in 2017 and didn't feel poor, no need to feel poor today - human emotions/perceptions are a funny thing
- If a person thinks we must be at rock bottom because the fall has been so dramatic, lots of room still at least in theory
- If you think "safe" investments are always best, not always true over long timeframes
- If you think "equities" are always best - probably true over long windows, but in intermediate windows not at all a guarantee

Hopefully support levels of 2014/5-2017 avg 18000 (DOW) maintain. Fear is w/o a visible horizon for C-19, yet... I believe that support will be tested. If it breaks, well then we are looking at some serious short opportunities.

I'm not sure what you are trying to say here.
The chart basically says you get paid for taking risk. You just have to endure the downside of taking that risk. Remember that rates have been very low since 2009, so the gap between equities and the US treasury bonds looks extreme. Low rates are a driver of that gap. I would not say it means equities need to return to that line, like it did in the previous downturns. Starting and ending points drive a lot of visuals in the investing business.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back