Anybody Buying Yet? Where’s the Bottom?

is verizon gonna keep clawing it's way back?

admittedly i'll probably dump it if i get back to even on it.

SPX is sitting almost exactly at the 200day ma of 3990. 50day is 3911. A breakthrough would be very bullish technically. We will see how much resistance we see at this 200day level. Earnings will start rolling out soon and I can't image the 2023 outlook will be very optimistic. No upside to CEOs to overshoot on estimates. Main problem is around 4000, we are up 4% YTD and stuff starts to look a little expensive even if the current estimates of $225/sh are correct.

SPX is sitting almost exactly at the 200day ma of 3990. 50day is 3911. A breakthrough would be very bullish technically. We will see how much resistance we see at this 200day level. Earnings will start rolling out soon and I can't image the 2023 outlook will be very optimistic. No upside to CEOs to overshoot on estimates. Main problem is around 4000, we are up 4% YTD and stuff starts to look a little expensive even if the current estimates of $225/sh are correct.

TLDR: sell the rip?

I know the markets are forward looking but what has caused such a strong rally the last few days? I just can't see corporate profits growing when the Fed rate is still sitting at 5% 6 months from now. Bear market rally?

I know the markets are forward looking but what has caused such a strong rally the last few days? I just can't see corporate profits growing when the Fed rate is still sitting at 5% 6 months from now. Bear market rally?
No clue. Maybe it is as simple as the AAII sentiment indicator? It it really hard to be bullish. Seems it's true that the market will do whatever hurts the most.

Screenshot 2023-01-12 at 11.31.59 AM.png

It sounds like the day to day movements are largely driven by algorithmic traders. 60-70% of daily trading is supposedly done by algos.

That isn't an argument for anything. And all charts look like that. Higher debt service will constrain growth. Lower growth limits interest rates. It is a feedback loop. All of economics and markets are a confidence game. I see no cracks in the global confidence in the US ($ or debt), so the game continues.

View attachment 259925

That’s a good thing, not a bad one. It’s working off froth from the sharp rise in US rates. UK, EU and Japan will raise rates until we get back to some semblance of normal. Practically Goldilocks.

2F4364A5-97C8-409F-AC33-7F4DBECE9278.png

That’s a good thing, not a bad one. It’s working off froth from the sharp rise in US rates. UK, EU and Japan will raise rates until we get back to some semblance of normal. Practically Goldilocks.

View attachment 260671
Good if you are an exporter. Bad if you like fancy French wine. Good or bad, it is a crack in the dollar that you didn't see till now.

Good if you are an exporter. Bad if you like fancy French wine. Good or bad, it is a crack in the dollar that you didn't see till now.
The problem was the dollar at 114, not 102 or even 98. Stability would be ideal, but nothing has been stable the last year.

crypto has been doing weird stuff the last few days. Some stuff going around on the webs about crypto going to zero. Kinda funny watching people say what the crypto market is going to do. Nobody has a freakin clue lol

Crypto survives 2023 and it will be a legit asset. It certainly needs to clean out the dirty laundry.
Agreed, Its worth it to have some in the background if you can afford to spend. I've been increasing my holdings during this "Sale" but money I would otherwise spend on things that dont really matter. I'm wasting that money anyway so its like putting it into a lottery ticket. If it works out, great. If not, oh well.

Certainly dont throw money at scam coins but there is at least 10 that have some integration into society in some kind of way that I think are worth having some kind of holding.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back