Any Opinions on a Spring Black Bear Hunt?

All the mtn ranges mentioned are ones where you might see a griz but probably not. The Little Belts I've heard of a sighting. But it'd be hard to find one. Choteau of course has griz. It's not far from the rocky mtn front. Depuyer. You'll find griz around. Snowies I would doubt you find a griz. You'll hike up alot and I don't know what kind of black bear population is there.

Theres always the Durfee Hills.....

All the mtn ranges mentioned are ones where you might see a griz but probably not. The Little Belts I've heard of a sighting. But it'd be hard to find one. Choteau of course has griz. It's not far from the rocky mtn front. Depuyer. You'll find griz around. Snowies I would doubt you find a griz. You'll hike up alot and I don't know what kind of black bear population is there.

Theres always the Durfee Hills.....

One time, I was having coffee with big fin and told him I saw a grizz in the Bridgers... he graciously did not roll his eyes... years later I still cringe at being such a gomer

Wllm, you've got a style here that brings a smile to many, regardless (sure it's not irregardless? 😂 ) one's side in any debate

And if they don't find a smile... They're workin' overtime to remain grumpy!

Haha! Thanks for the humble chuckle.

Strange that someone who wants to go bear hunting is worried about grizzlies.

I agree with this. I live in northwest Montana and shot my first bear last year. The strange thing is when I bear hunt in spring I’m almost hyper vigilant since I know I’m hunting bears, but ironically when I hunt the same areas in fall for deer, I’m not nearly as tense.

Well it's easy to find a Spring Bear in Montana!!
Get your butt out of the truck tighten up your boots and grab your best shooting Rifle and hit every gated Road going into the Mountains and be ready . It could happen around any curve in the Road !
I have been hunting Bears for a Long time !
Sometimes there in the same area as years before and sometimes not !
I would look up in NorthWestern Montana . The Elk and Deer sure could use your help !!
Bring a friend and take two please !

MT.PERCHMAN

Well it's easy to find a Spring Bear in Montana!!
Get your butt out of the truck tighten up your boots and grab your best shooting Rifle and hit every gated Road going into the Mountains and be ready . It could happen around any curve in the Road !
I have been hunting Bears for a Long time !
Sometimes there in the same area as years before and sometimes not !
I would look up in NorthWestern Montana . The Elk and Deer sure could use your help !!
Bring a friend and take two please !

MT.PERCHMAN
Perchman, have you ever hunted them spot and stalk? I plan to walk some closed loggers this year, but I'm really intersted in glassing them up and goimg after them.

Perchman, have you ever hunted them spot and stalk? I plan to walk some closed loggers this year, but I'm really intersted in glassing them up and goimg after them.

I love still hunting so much I even do it for bears. What I do is find all the natural food in my area by lots of scouting. Then come hunting season I sneak into those areas hoping to find a feeding bear. I do that until all my spots have been covered and the food is gone. At that point I try to call them in. That will get your heart pumping. Some of the big bores will come charging in looking for a meal and when all they see is me I become the meal.

I love still hunting so much I even do it for bears. What I do is find all the natural food in my area by lots of scouting. Then come hunting season I sneak into those areas hoping to find a feeding bear. I do that until all my spots have been covered and the food is gone. At that point I try to call them in. That will get your heart pumping. Some of the big bores will come charging in looking for a meal and when all they see is me I become the meal.
Damn, that sounds exciting!

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back