Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Any Montanans frustrated with population growth, sprawl, rising prices, etc?

The saga continues...

Not only are they concerned that the message didn't get through to this poor New Yorker the first time, they decided it would sink in more if it came in a cool fold-out cross shape. I still swear there were more non-white folks when I lived there...
View attachment 218963
View attachment 218964
View attachment 218967
View attachment 218968
View attachment 218969
Going right for that remote work angle, huh? Sheesh.

Admittedly a little jealous that I didn't get any of these move-back recruitment mailers. If I had, it might've said:

"You can't even think of being able to afford buying a home here by now... but, WHAT IF you have some luck finding a grossly inflated rental right next to the railroad tracks?"

Would've really sweetened the pot.

My HS was down in the valley, 500’ elevation, I remember all the townie kids getting pissed when our busses would take off early for the mts. when it snowed. We lived at about 4000’ elev. and it was 36 miles to the school.

The saga continues...

Not only are they concerned that the message didn't get through to this poor New Yorker the first time, they decided it would sink in more if it came in a cool fold-out cross shape. I still swear there were more non-white folks when I lived there...
View attachment 218963
View attachment 218964
View attachment 218967
View attachment 218968
View attachment 218969

Wonder why I didn’t get one?

I probably talked shit about elk hunting in MT too many times…

As a lifelong resident, I never thought seriously about living somewhere else until now. MT has become completely unrecognizable. The problem is the people who migrate here, for reasons already stated above, and then attempt to change what makes MT the place they wanted to move to in the first place. The population centers of the state has become less cordial and pleasant, and there's a push to change MT to become something it shouldn't be. Frustrating no doubt, and sad to see the Last Best Place becoming just another place.
This has been a problem most recently due to technology. Never before has it been possible for people that are tied to population based businesses, to be remote and still stay active in those businesses. Many of the people that are here, complaining about the influx of people, came here from somewhere else themselves.

Montana has become the "Big Sky Country" and "The Last Best Place" more recently as it used to be "The Bonanza State" and the "Treasure State" due to agriculture and natural resources. With the environmental movement and a push for tourism, Montana isn't at all what it used to be.

If all the people could have seen Montana when It was the "Treasure State," the influx would be many times what it is now.

WHAT IF you realized you can't have snow days anymore because you're a remote worker, and your kids are REALLY loud?

WHAT IF your neighbor decided to start piling junk cars in their yard next to your house and there was nothing you could do about it?

WHAT IF you could have all the expensive costs of healthcare coupled with a fraction of the options and access?

Anyone here good at graphic design? Lets get these out there, I'll chip in for various expenses.

Because when it’s said and done I will have spent over 22 years in the Navy and there in nothing left for me “back home” nobody shares my principles anymore. Things are getting more and more out of whack. People in Montana are more friendly now then where I’m from. The list goes on and on but the same can be said about some other states as well. I might just bounce around every 5 years or so taking advantage of the best hunting as a resident of that given state.

WHAT IF you realized you can't have snow days anymore because you're a remote worker, and your kids are REALLY loud?

WHAT IF your neighbor decided to start piling junk cars in their yard next to your house and there was nothing you could do about it?

WHAT IF you could have all the expensive costs of healthcare coupled with a fraction of the options and access?

Anyone here good at graphic design? Lets get these out there, I'll chip in for various expenses.
WHAT IF you could see the price of a ski pass double every year?

WHAT IF you could have a new windshield on your car every three months at your own expense?

WHAT IF you could exfoliate several layers of skin just by stepping outside in 80mph winds

This is fun and should be it’s own thread!

Last edited:
What if you can’t build your dream house because lumber is outrageous and even if you do order appliances they take months to arrive…
What if you were trying to wire your house for surround sound and you cant find a store that carries speaker wire within 2 hours of where you live...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back