Antelope/Jalapeno Summer Sausage

worm

We made some Antelope/Jalapeno Summer Sausage this week. Smoked it with hickory. I'd have to say it turned out excellent. Elk and deer is next. Look forward to taking some on JAB's elk hunt next month.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    282.2 KB · Views: 817
  • 2.png
    2.png
    228.4 KB · Views: 808
  • 3.png
    3.png
    165.3 KB · Views: 814
Very nice! I wish I could pull this home made deal off as you did.I had jalapeño, cheddar pepperoni sticks made from Canada goose last year, it is excellent.

I made some jerky out of goose a couple of years ago. On a scale of 1-10 I would give it a 1.756. I messed it up.

You know..... as an Michigander I have never had the opportunity to sample antelope! Plus I am obsessed with spicy food. Its right up my alley, so I will PM you my address. KIDDING OF COURSE!

We make gobs of summer sausage. We use the Cabela's mix and just cook it in the oven. The addition of the jalepeno really makes the sausage great. High-temp cheese is another good addition. We have made it from moose, elk, deer, antelope and turkey. We made one batch that had moose, elk , deer, turkey and goose in it. All but the turkey essentially tastes the same. Turkey summer sausage is off the charts.

Hell yeah! I'm getting ready to do a bunch of that stuff. I got one of the Cabela's 1 hp grinders and a good stuffer, and am going to pick up one of their 15" vacuum sealers today too, so I will be good to go. I have a tall Bradley that I modified with a bigger heating element so it heats good now, and a dual probe PID controller, so I can program it for multiple stages. I need to order some more high temp cheese. Do any of you guys know the best place for that?

I prefer the LEM products but also use High Mountain. The LEM trail bologna and adding diced Jalapenos is our favorite. Warn grinder, Cabelas meat mixer and Kitchener sausage stuffer. I was at Cabelas the other day and picked up some Bratwurst and Maple breakfast seasonings. I'm going to try it this weekend. I got into this passion a few years ago and it has turned my big game hunting into meat hunting. This old girl is going to make some awesome breakfast and dinner meals!!

Attachments

• 2015 Doe.jpg
    2015 Doe.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 356
Back