Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Another AZ deadline

Funter

Its come and gone. Now the wait:rolleyes:. Hope this will be a good year. The other two members of the house are going to take their chance with leftovers. I might have to resort to that as well with my luck.

Whats everyone else hoping for?

I threw my name in the hat for antelope and elk again.

Heading to AZ next week to chase javelina...

Another early rifle elk tag would be nice. If not, I would settle for a late rifle elk hunt.

I will gladly trade may pile of antelope points for a tag.

Not asking for much.

It sounds like this may be a better year to draw than last with the Cabelas scandal. Many have no money and are going "points only"

I am cautiously optimistic I will finally draw an archery elk tag with 12 points.

When looking up my draw results for the last 10 years all I have ever seen is "Unsuccessful". I wonder what it's like to see the words "Successful"? I like to think it's a big party on my computer screen with fireworks and a marching band puking out the sides of my computer? Maybe IB can fill me in.

Buschy,

I'm up there with you in points. I think it will be a big empty feeling when you look up your points after you draw. It is like starting you collection all over again.Phoenix?

Buzz, You hunting anywhere near Phoenix?

Things might not be as good as I hoped. There were record number of permits turned in to the Pinetop office.

When I found out that I had drawn I looked over at a co-worker and said what does that say? He looked at me and said, "It looks like you finally drew an arizona elk tag." I just had to have someone else verify it for me. :)

Early rifle bull/archery bull. Rifle antelope.

Just out of curiosity...how many of you guys who normally put in for AZ or any other out of state tags opted for just points or didn't put in at all? Rumor has it that a large number of Residents opted for BP only this year due to the unstable economy and I was kind of figuring that the NR might even be higher due to the higher fees involved.

I haven't put in for the last couple of years due to money, but it was personally imposed and not a factor of the economy. Besides, since my last camo Cardinals hat is at the bottom of the Salmon River I need to save up for a new one! ;)

Elk and Lope will hard to come by for me in AZ this year. The hunts I put in for are low odds with high points, I have low elk and low lope points. I'm waiting for the Summer draw to get here....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hamms12oz
Back