PEAX Equipment

Annual Beartooth trip

Thanks for your post. Takes me back as I lived in Billings for a number of years and did some backpacking in the Beartooths with my golden. He always packed his own grub as well. Pictures brought back lots of good memories and even prompted me to dig up some old photos from those trips 20 some years ago.

Thank You for sharing. I've spent many nights in the Beartooths south of where you were, always have enjoyed that area. Great Pictures as always

Beautiful pics. My lab never wants to pose that good. Lol.
Gun knows when the camera comes out he has to pose. He is the best at sitting tight while I set up the camera.

Last time I brought a dog into the Beartooths, I had a Yellow Lab also. The mosquitoes and horseflies were so bad, his snout and belly were speckled with blood from the bites,
This was our 6th trip up there. This may have been the worst for squiters, but not too bad. Realize this is coming from someone living on the HiLine.:D

Looks like abother fun trip with great weather. How do you like that tent?
This is the third year with the tent. Only had one condensation issue, but that night it rained and I was camped on a creek. Copper spur hasn't been out in quite some time.

Cool pup, neat trip and absolutely fantastic pictures! Does he keep the grizzlies at bay?
We have yet to bump a griz on our trips, but about every year a goat gets close enough to wake me up in the night and get my blood pumping.

Thanks for your post. Takes me back as I lived in Billings for a number of years and did some backpacking in the Beartooths with my golden. He always packed his own grub as well. Pictures brought back lots of good memories and even prompted me to dig up some old photos from those trips 20 some years ago.
I would love to see some shots of those trips.

Looks like a really fun trip. Great photos as usual! What pack does guNR use? Would like to get a pack for my dog for shed hunting

That is awesome. I love the Beartooths too. I lived in Billings as a teenager and spent at least a week in there each summer. Then I did a summer stint with the Fish and Game running a survey crew up there sampling lakes and covered 300 miles of trails and plenty of miles off the trail. It is amazing country. Thanks for sharing and bringing back memories.

I look forward to this set of pictures every year, I feel like I know that country because of it.

Thanks for not dissappointing.

I think i remember this trip from last year, or a similar one. Lovely scenery, be a fantastic place to wonder around in late summer.

mtmiller,

GuNR deserves to be in the Hunt Talk Hall of Fame!

You have had some amazing dogs. Are they related? Do they come from the same breeder? I believe you train them your self.

Amazing pictures and an amazing dog.

Thank you!

You have had some amazing dogs. Are they related? Do they come from the same breeder? I believe you train them your self.

Amazing pictures and an amazing dog.

Thanks much. GuNR is a pretty smart pup, wish I could take credit.

Axl came from a kennel near Charlo and GuNR came from a kennel in Washington.

I did the training, but neither was ready for any trials. Still they did a great job for me in the field.

Thanks for the compliments for my hunting partners.

Here's one of my golden MTMiller. He was a damn good dog. I have some other better pictures in my mind but can't seem to find them.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 73
Great photos MTMiller. That country looks amazing. Those high mountain streams are something else and look like they are flowing to, or from, the edge of the earth.

Back