Amy Coney Barret confirmed and sworn in.

What a great role model and example for young women to aspire to become. She's very accomplished and professional. Even if some don't like her, they have to admit that. You will never get someone that everyone will agree with. I think she will do good things for our country.
I believe that all five of the ladies who made it to the Supreme court could be singled out as role models for young women. None of them got there without "paying their dues".

Having said that and meaning it, I admit to being very happy to see her confirmed to the high court, as I do not believe she will "legislate" from the bench, which in my humble opinion is not their job ( Justices ) After watching her confirmation hearing, and whether your for or against the nomination, I think all agree she is very intelligent, capable, and has the correct temperament for the job.

disclaimer: Roosevelt ( Teddy ) , Lincoln, Eisenhower and Reagan are my favorite presidents however, so obviously I liked her. I still like the idea ( even if it is not practiced or believed anymore ) in motherhood and apple pie. And, I liked the fact that when she was sworn in, she had her hand on the bible and finished her oath by saying "so help me God"

When I was watching the confirmation hearings, one thought I had when some of the Senators were trying to frustrate her. She has 7 children and a husband who are all well dressed and well behaved setting quietly behind her. The so called "tough" questions rolled off her, like water off a duck's back. Seriously, her ability to respond to so many questions about specific cases without taking any notes, or referring to any notes and speaking at length about the case, impressed the hell out of me, especially since I can't remember what I had for breakfast yesterday.

I wish her well

Free legal advice - Don’t ever argue off the cuff with any Constitutional Law Professor or Federal Judge like ACB. They know their “stuff.”

What do you mean....I'm sure she could competently contribute with her co-justices were it posited.

From what I googled in checking her out, she has brought up concerns with it. I would love to see the ruling reversed on what a corporation can contribute. Big money and super PACs drive too much of a election now. IMHO

She would likely only replace RBG dissenting decision and not change much. One could hope that someday we will pull our heads out our arse and have a “good” election cycle.

Last edited:
Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back