Amy Coney Barret confirmed and sworn in.

So instead of 51%, 52% is sufficient. Got it, makes total sense. Let's keep redrawing those voting boundaries while we're at it.

Like I said, I predict the EC will go away. "All men are created equal"

Edit:
We've already done away with most of those "dozen or so" elements.
The EC won’t go away in mine or my kids or grandkids time. Unless the Country does of course...

The EC won’t go away in mine or my kids or grandkids time. Unless the Country does of course...
It won't need to - with the liberal re-location into the mountain west, the "blueing" of Florida, Texas and Georgia, and the inevitability of Peurto Rico as a state the battlelines will definitely shift for your kids. Win or lose in 2020, we are seeing the very tail of the political power of the tea party/Trump coalition crowd. By 2030 the GOP will have shifted to the middle and look and sound like Bill Clinton 1992 and the Dems will be making Lennin blush. There will still be close elections and much rancor, but the line will definitely have shifted.

It won't need to - with the liberal re-location into the mountain west, the "blueing" of Florida, Texas and Georgia, and the inevitability of Peurto Rico as a state the battlelines will definitely shift for your kids. Win or lose in 2020, we are seeing the very tail of the political power of the tea party/Trump coalition crowd. By 2030 the GOP will have shifted to the middle and look and sound like Bill Clinton 1992 and the Dems will be making Lennin blush. There will still be close elections and much rancor, but the line will definitely have shifted.

If there is a country left when the dust settles.

Someone in Kansas hates that he agrees with your assessment.

I remember saying, after the last presidential election, "Well, if all of those extra blue voters from NY and CA moved into some battleground states they would have enough to win the election." It feels like I'm not the only one who realized that.

All very possible, even likely. Regardless of where the power lies, the Constitutional Amendment that would be required to abolish the EC is unlikely.

All very possible, even likely. Regardless of where the power lies, the Constitutional Amendment that would be required to abolish the EC is unlikely.
Practically speaking an amendment may not be needed . . . .https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Popular_Vote_Interstate_Compact

Don't forget Arizona.

Practically speaking an amendment may not be needed . . . .https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Popular_Vote_Interstate_Compact

I had heard of it but hadn’t read up on it in detail. Thanks for the link. Will be interesting to see what happens if they try to implement it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back