Amy Coney Barret confirmed and sworn in.

I propose a Constitutional Amendment whereby elections are decided by ordeal. Candidates must traverse the length of Yellowstone on foot while wearing bacon pants. Survivors will be allowed to govern. In the event more than one candidate survives, the winner will be determined by pugel sticks over the thermal hot springs at Crested Pool.

"Do you feel lucky, punk?"
After the 2016 election, I'm ready to support this.

I'll do it as long as the major parties keep putting up similarly weak candidates. Race a couple of octogenarians across Yellowstone? That's an iron man I'm certain I can win.
There's a Trump/Cheetos joke in here somewhere...

I'll do it as long as the major parties keep putting up similarly weak candidates. Race a couple of octogenarians across Yellowstone? That's an iron man I'm certain I can win.
I'm sure you can out run a couple old guys. Question is can you out run the bears?🙂

I'm sure you can out run a couple old guys. Question is can you out run the bears?🙂

I've been asked many times what I would do if I were to encounter an angry bear. My response has always been the same: I'm going to trip the person next to me, then run away.

That's why I'll start the race following the old folks. I've thought all this through.

I've been asked many times what I would do if I were to encounter an angry bear. My response has always been the same: I'm going to trip the person next to me, then run away.

That's why I'll start the race following the old folks. I've thought all this through.
My response is to show them a knife. They say " Don't be silly, you can't take on grizzly with a knife". I tell them I wasn't planning to. I would stab you in the knee with this, then run.

My response is to show them a knife. They say " Don't be silly, you can't take on grizzly with a knife". I tell them I wasn't planning to. I would stab you in the knee with this, then run.
This is why, as long as you are not hunting alone, a .22lr pistol is plenty of gun in bear country;)

funny how we can compare other countries when it suits a particular narrative, but let's not look at health care in those countries, because that's apples and oranges.

If votes aren't going to be equal, and the founders were infallible, then let's go back to women can't vote, blacks are 3/5 of a person (and can't vote), and senators are chosen by the state legislators.

I'm just as GD American as anyone else in this friggin' country, and my vote should carry the same weight.

Sorry to interrupt your soapbox, but my post did not suggest we look to others for answers but instead was meant provide some data for those who appear to like to shame other Americans into their preferred position by suggesting our system is backward and most of the world is ahead of us on this point or another. There are pros/cons to this system indeed, but there is no panacea answer to election systems.

For example, approx 40% of Californians voted for Trump in 2016 but those same voters were represented by only 26% of the California congressional delegation. Does that mean a republican vote counts less in CA? No matter how you structure an election, you can find these types of disproportionate outcomes. So, feel free to continue to object to the EC, but at least understand some of your objections carry little water when looked at more broadly. (And the 3/5 rhetoric was clever the first time, but it is neither instructive or compelling in a substantive debate)

Sorry to interrupt your soapbox, but my post did not suggest we look to others for answers but instead was meant provide some data for those who appear to like to shame other Americans into their preferred position by suggesting our system is backward and most of the world is ahead of us on this point or another. There are pros/cons to this system indeed, but there is no panacea answer to election systems.

For example, approx 40% of Californians voted for Trump in 2016 but those same voters were represented by only 26% of the California congressional delegation. Does that mean a republican vote counts less in CA? No matter how you structure an election, you can find these types of disproportionate outcomes. So, feel free to continue to object to the EC, but at least understand some of your objections carry little water when looked at more broadly. (And the 3/5 rhetoric was clever the first time, but it is neither instructive or compelling in a substantive debate)
You're not going to win an argument with VikingsGuy; he does this for a living ;) And his arguments seem very sound.

Back on topic. Bacon pants.
You are fined two stars for redirecting my hijack.

Back