Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Ammon Bundy convicted in trespassing trial

nice try and good idea Dave. I think a couple posters on this thread may have already eaten too much cheese ;)

Think I’m going to head down to the public library tomorrow and “take back” all those books. Power to the people!
as per our conversation---as long as the library you visit is NOT in downtown Portland ;)

JFC what a shit show going on in the Citizen "Free" Press comment section.

View attachment 187602
changed my mind---carry on gentlemen

Last edited:
Bundy proposes to "wrest federal land from state control." What the heck is that supposed to mean? :unsure:
Bundy is a fool, but let's not be too cute with our criticism - it makes sense when you use "state" to refer to the federal government system - a common term. For example, both communist soviet Russia and fascist Japan were "statist" forms of government, and we have a secretary of state, and state dinners, etc. etc.

I would like to personally thank everyone involved in this thread. I have been doing real life stuff and off the internet for a few weeks. This thread was the absolute PERFECT welcome back. I’ve enjoyed it immensely!

THANK YOU ALL!

Southern Idaho is a poster child for terrible land use. Haven't been down there since my grandmother's funeral twelve years ago. Blew me away. Bundy's promise to turn federal land into endless mobile home trailer parks so everyone can have an affordable home with a view is exactly the kind of campaign rhetoric I would expect from someone living in Emmett (the Greater Boise Area).

Last edited:
As it pertains to the Bundys, one thing I did notice over the last year, is the inconsistency in thought and value of many on the “right” when it comes to law and order.
Sadly, we have to a large extent ceased being a society driven by logic and reason. We have returned to a society driven by tribal allegiance and blind following of the prescribed tribal ideology. Anything your tribe does is by definition "justified", "misunderstood", "furthering a greater cause", while the same things done by the OTHERS are "inexcusable", "misguided" and "dangerous". :(

Sadly, we have to a large extent ceased being a society driven by logic and reason. We have returned to a society driven by tribal allegiance and blind following of the prescribed tribal ideology. Anything your tribe does is by definition "justified", "misunderstood", "furthering a greater cause", while the same things done by the OTHERS are "inexcusable", "misguided" and "dangerous". :(

From Eliezer Yudkowski's essay, Policy Debates Should Not Appear One-Sided:

"Politics is the mind-killer. Arguments are soldiers. Once you know which side you’re on, you must support all arguments of that side, and attack all arguments that appear to favor the enemy side; otherwise it’s like stabbing your soldiers in the back. If you abide within that pattern, policy debates will also appear one-sided to you—the costs and drawbacks of your favored policy are enemy soldiers, to be attacked by any means necessary."

From Eliezer Yudkowski's essay, Policy Debates Should Not Appear One-Sided:

"Politics is the mind-killer. Arguments are soldiers. Once you know which side you’re on, you must support all arguments of that side, and attack all arguments that appear to favor the enemy side; otherwise it’s like stabbing your soldiers in the back. If you abide within that pattern, policy debates will also appear one-sided to you—the costs and drawbacks of your favored policy are enemy soldiers, to be attacked by any means necessary."
Any means to an end....the ambidextrous enigma wrapped conundrum.

Me/thee

"Hooray for our side."

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jahmes143
Back