American prairie. What's the issue?

Yeah, I take full responsibility for maintaining the fence between me and the one ranch. Not only because that’s the way the law works, but because it’s a part of our HOA. Everyone that borders any of the ranches are supposed to keep their fence up since nobody wants cattle in the subdivision. Some people don’t do that because frankly, they’re old, or they’re absentee types that come up one or two weekends a year. I’ll do it for them rather than fencing off my little four acres completely, which would actually be way easier if all I cared about is no cattle on my place and wildlife wasn’t a concern.

There’s more wildlife in the subdivision than there is on the neighboring ranches or the Forest precisely because we largely keep the cattle out and we don’t have every little 4-10 acre property fully fenced.

If there’s one lesson to be learned here, it’s the ol saying good fences make good neighbors. At the very least, KEEP YOUR FENCES UP or arrange for someone else to do it. And if you’re a millionaire cattle rancher, step up to the plate and do what’s
How about cattle owners be required to maintain their own fences, just like the owners of every other species of livestock are required to do? Or, is there some legitimate reason why cattle owners specifically are exempt from such a requirement?
(*this is a rhetorical question, but I would still love to hear your explanation)
I did not have anything to do with the LAW that made Montana a “fence out state”. I don’t like it, and really don’t give 2 $hits who else doesn’t like it, it’s the LAW.
Good grief, I’d love to sink to the level of juvenility(or plain stupidity)some sink to but will restrain myself.

Last edited:
Thats a doctored video! I heard they're going to buy up all this land to lock us out!!!1

Thats a doctored video! I heard they're going to buy up all this land to lock us out!!!1

Its the long game

giphy.gif

Just wait a few years. They’re not anyone in the hunting communities friend.
I hear ya, man. Can you believe all that land they're opening up to the public for hunting? 80,000 acres in Block Management? Unbelievable! Though, in their defense, maybe they don't know that opening up land to hunting is actually anti-hunting. Maybe you should let them in on the secret.

Last edited:
I hear ya, man. Can you believe all that land they're opening up to the public for hunting? 80,000 acres in Block Management? Unbelievable! Though, in their defense, maybe they don't know that opening up land to hunting is actually anti-hunting. Maybe you should let them in on the secret.

And land that wasn’t previously being hunted by most of the public except friends and family.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shed God
Back