Amazon Prime

Do you have Amazon Prime?

• Yes

Votes: 64 81.0%
  • No

Votes: 15 19.0%

• Total voters
I have more than saved my initial fee in shipping costs for items I would already be purchasing, especially on reference books, gear and electronics - same brands (often larger selection) as local, but less expensive. Well worth it for me, but I am not an impulse shopper even without it, my tendency is to research a product first.

On the video front, it does expand what I have with Netflix, not like I have a whole lot of time for movies, but I am selective about what I am going to spend that time on watching.

I actually save a ton of money on specialty food items that I can't find in town. Half our family has to be gluten free which I've found to be WAY cheaper on Amazon. It also makes Xmas shopping almost enjoyable.

I like it!! We use it alot at our household. The "free" unlimited photo backup service is quite handy as well.

I signed up several years ago then stopped because I didn't like something - perhaps it was fees or some other fine print issue. Are there any concerns like that now?

As far as I know it's $99/year...no fees unless you want to rent or buy movies to stream.

I have Prime but don't use it a lot anymore...I'm trying to stop buying so much junk.

I use it quite a bit. Makes Christmas and birthdays a breeze. Movie streaming makes the time on the elliptical pass better. Use it some for photo storage, but not as much as I should.

We use it regularly. Both for purchases and streaming content. It does lead to some impulse buys, but usually books or the like and usually because they are much cheaper than locally. Mostly we buy things that we would purchase anyway, we just buy them on Amazon cheaper. 90% of things we buy come from Amazon & Costco.

Use it primarily for streaming. It has better content than Netflix and the ability to purchase movies, etc. Use it for gifts, etc as well.

I signed up for Prime about 3 month ago. I order stuff off of amazon all of the time so I figured the shipping would pay for it pretty quickly and it has. I also dropped my satellite tv service which was costing me about $150 a month. I added on a couple streaming channel subscriptions and my whole TV bill for the entire year, counting the Prime subscription is about $250. We were planning on buying a Honda SXS to use around the house and I am using what used to be money for the sat. TV bill to pay for it. I get way more use out of the SXS anyways. We don't watch but just a few shows and the local news, which I get for free with antenna. The only reason I have the subscriptions is mainly so the 2 year old can get his cartoon fix. It's been pretty nice so far.

I felt the movie streaming was a poorer selection than the Netflix I have. Most the movies I wanted to watch were pay per view.
I get Prime shipping as a part of my parent's account, and they use my Netflix streaming account. I need to show them how to use the Prime movies .

I like ordering household non perishable staples like the laundry soap pods, from Amazon and save my trips to the store for food only. It keeps me out of WalMart and Target.

Prime has become almost essential. Best deal in retail. One of the not-so-normal things that has been fantastic is dog food. We have a recurring order monthly for both dry and wet food. Delivered by Fedex to the front step or at least the driveway for ~20% less all-in than the store (Fedex driver hates us a bit, but such is life).

As a logistics guy by trade, AMZN is the standard by which other fulfillment operators are measured. And no one comes close. I have numerous clients ask me regularly if 'we can do that XYZ thing that Amazon does' and the answer is usually (a kinder, gentler version of) "No". Their scale, tech and network are just unreal.

I use it all the time. Impulse buys aren't the problem for me. My wife and daughters use my account to order something and I get emails asking me if I can help answer a question another user has about a push up bra or yoga pants or what ever else they ordered.

Nemont

Great service on the delivery, and, if you get the FireStick, it is easy to use the video.

I just started listening to the Amazon Music (free with Prime) and find that I like it better than Pandora. No commercials, and better depth with the artists I choose.

It's essential for me. I use it for many last minute purchases, gifts, hard to find items, business purchases, streaming videos, streaming audio, and a back up for all photos.

I've been able to save my self tons of time for hunt planning as I tend to have a friend or family member local on an out of state hunt. I can jump on and ship almost all of my food items so they are on the ground for me and ready to go.

We use Amazon a ton and the prime service for us is well worth the $99. I don't really use the music and streaming service but the kids do. I have found that on alot of stuff it is cheaper to buy on amazon than it is most places. I still look around to make sure I am getting the best price and 90% of the time I purchase on amazon.
One example is I can buy a 5qt jug of synthetic motor oil and have it to my door in two days cheaper than I can buy the same oil at Walmart.

Have had Prime for years. Most of my family is in other states including two grand daughters so my wife and I often shop on Amazon to drop-ship presents for birthdays and holidays. I also buy a few items of gear in late summer as sort out things for upcoming hunts. Buy some items for kitchen.

The TV streaming is of limited use for us. The free movies are mostly a few years old. We do watch the Bosch, Transparent and Catastrophe series.

I use the song streaming on my iPhone daily. Have down-loaded several songs as well as have built playlists.

Last edited:
It saves me a ton of time shopping, driving around looking for stuff, money... Did I say it saves me time? Which time is money and/or let's me have more time to recreate. :) well worth the price of admission.

I've been a Prime junkie for years. Like everyone says, beats driving around, Christmas, etc. Last year got the Firestick for the intro price of $19. How we ever lived without it I don't know. Beats the heck out of using a laptop hooked to the big screen.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back