Amazon Prime

Do you have Amazon Prime?

• Yes

Votes: 64 81.0%
  • No

Votes: 15 19.0%

• Total voters
My wife has prime for her business but I'm just not a big fan of Amazon as a company. Lots of stories online about how poorly they treat their employees, esp at the fulfillment centers. IMO they are an online version of Walmart. Low costs have a price.

I used the "download order report" recently to see how much I have spent using the Prime service the last 10 years...and it was not as bad as I expected. What was interesting, is that I saved over $3,500 from list price on about 190 purchases, and paid zero shipping.

With a 4 y/o, the streaming video service has paid off in spades. There are more cartoons than a kid could watch on there.

I would say it has more than paid for itself.

We had it, but it always seemed that the price with prime was higher than the price from the other vendors listed on Amazon. And yes, the difference was about the same as the shipping cost. I made very little use of the other feartures.

I used the "download order report" recently to see how much I have spent using the Prime service the last 10 years...and it was not as bad as I expected. What was interesting, is that I saved over $3,500 from list price on about 190 purchases, and paid zero shipping.

I would say it has more than paid for itself.

Never seen the "download report" feature. Found it.

Since 2009 I have made 178 purchases for $6580 for an average purchase of $37.

I didn't get Prime until 2013, so likely have only 4 years fees on the $79 and $99 rates.

But, in the last 4 years, I have made 146 purchases at $5431 , and interestingly enough, the same $37 average transaction.

If one assumes $340 in Prime Fees (3 years at $79, 1 at $99), you get a 6.3% Prime "Tax" that covers the shipping, or a $2.32 per transaction "Tax" that covers the shipping/handling.

I've had prime for about 1.5yrs, we don't use the video very much, mostly take advantage of the shipping feature.

I hardly have to step into a store any more. :) As if there are any around to step into.... Pretty good deal from where I am sitting. Some good video available! All the movies we rent are on Amazon now. Dish bill has shrunk to next to nothing.

How interested would viewers be if we were able to get all of our content on Amazon, in addition to the network, our current YouTube channel, and our download platform?

We are investigating that option and I think there is hope. Would just depend on whether or not people would watch it or download it from there.

How interested would viewers be if we were able to get all of our content on Amazon, in addition to the network, our current YouTube channel, and our download platform?

We are investigating that option and I think there is hope. Would just depend on whether or not people would watch it or download it from there.

Count me in! We have an Amazon firestick. That would be awesome!

If it wasn't for my in laws needing to watch reruns of anything with Andy Griffith, I'd be cutting the Direct TV cord and 90% of my "tv" watching would be through my Amazon Fire TV and Firestick.

Randy, honestly I think it would be great if you could hit all the media outlets depending on what they require for royalties, etc. However, you've already got the hook up for those of use ordering via amazon. Couldn't hurt and you might be able to reach those follower that done have cable, etc.

I say go for it...

Last edited:
Love Amazon Prime, wife and I do a lot of on line shopping and the free 2 day is a big benefit. As mentioned by a previous poster, I also use Amazon Smile, donating to a veterans charity. I highly recommend every Amazon shopper use Smile (no cost to you, same prices) but sends 0.5% to the charity. Not a lot, but every bit helps.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutus56
Back