Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Am I the only one??

TN2shot07

So I always go into the gun store with only the intention of looking and shooting the bull. Then somebody walks in to trade a perfectly good Model 7 in on an A/R?? I didn’t want it to feel neglected so I signed up to adopt this one. Hope it’s a shooter…2A0C3331-67C4-4D7C-8885-145DB2558E2F.jpeg

So I always go into the gun store with only the intention of looking and shooting the bull. Then somebody walks in to trade a perfectly good Model 7 in on an A/R?? I didn’t want it to feel neglected so I signed up to adopt this one. Hope it’s a shooter…View attachment 218475
Somebody traded that for an AR? SMH. mtmuley

Congratulations to you giving that poor rifle a welcoming home!

I've done the same once. Gunshop offered the guy $125.
Since i knew they'd put it in the rack for $600, i didn't feel bad at all offering the guy $250 for it.
Guy behind the counter gave me the stink eye, but eff him for lowballing the seller.

Congratulations to you giving that poor rifle a welcoming home!

I've done the same once. Gunshop offered the guy $125.
Since i knew they'd put it in the rack for $600, i didn't feel bad at all offering the guy $250 for it.
Guy behind the counter gave me the stink eye, but eff him for lowballing the seller.
That stunt would likely get you banned from any of our LGS's. The seller didn't have to accept the low ball offer. They're (LGS) in business to make money.

That stunt would likely get you banned from any of our LGS's. The seller didn't have to accept the low ball offer. They're (LGS) in business to make money.
There's make money ... and there's screwing people. Two years ago my trap team captain told me his dad just died and left him a few guns. One was "broken" and he wondered if I could fix it so he could sell it. Well okay, I'll have a look. It was a Ross rifle, sporting version, probably 1920s in beautiful condition. Best part is it was in .280 Ross, the first commercial calibre to exceed 3K muzzle velocity ... and he had FIVE BOXES OF SHELLS! It took most of the following afternoon to figure out how to get the straight draw bolt unstuck but I made it work again. I called him up: "Great! You wanna buy it? I'll take $250." Good grief, this is a collectable and the ammo is probably worth as much as the gun. Now, I could have made a killing right there but 1) I don't need the money, 2) I don't need to rip off anyone, least of all someone I know, not even if he appears to be okay with it. I'm not. And 3) I don't collect guns. No point in it. So I steered him to my African hunting buddy who traffics in guns at shows, etc. He sold it for a very good price and as far as I know didn't take a commission. As predicted, the five boxes of original ammo sold for almost as much as the gun. Needless to say, my trap captain thinks I'm a saint now. That's worth a lot more than some gun gathering dust in my safe.

True, but i have only bought 1 or 2 guns from there.
Mostly reloading supplies.
And i've seen some of their used guns priced for more than an identical new gun.

Direct, saved me some off retail and he got more than trade. That’s a plus of having a good relationship with your lgs, or maybe a sign you spend too much time there?!?
You mean you spend to much time there when you just go in to look and when you leave without buying anything they give you that crest fallen look?

There's make money ... and there's screwing people. Two years ago my trap team captain told me his dad just died and left him a few guns. One was "broken" and he wondered if I could fix it so he could sell it. Well okay, I'll have a look. It was a Ross rifle, sporting version, probably 1920s in beautiful condition. Best part is it was in .280 Ross, the first commercial calibre to exceed 3K muzzle velocity ... and he had FIVE BOXES OF SHELLS! It took most of the following afternoon to figure out how to get the straight draw bolt unstuck but I made it work again. I called him up: "Great! You wanna buy it? I'll take $250." Good grief, this is a collectable and the ammo is probably worth as much as the gun. Now, I could have made a killing right there but 1) I don't need the money, 2) I don't need to rip off anyone, least of all someone I know, not even if he appears to be okay with it. I'm not. And 3) I don't collect guns. No point in it. So I steered him to my African hunting buddy who traffics in guns at shows, etc. He sold it for a very good price and as far as I know didn't take a commission. As predicted, the five boxes of original ammo sold for almost as much as the gun. Needless to say, my trap captain thinks I'm a saint now. That's worth a lot more than some gun gathering dust in my safe.
I ,for one, spent WAAAYYY too much time, money, and effort trading guns to get bad "gun trading karma" in an effort to save a few bucks.
Having good gun karma has lead to some very good deals and very cool finds (only.some of which I've been smart enough to capitalize on).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colt97
Back