Picked Up A Couple S&W New Model #3 Revolvers

shrapnel

Avoiding the Outdoor Expo, I decided to go to the Antique Arms Show in Las Vegas. I have been considering buying a Smith and Wesson new model number 3 pistol for some time and ended up buying 2.

I had a Winchester 1876 in 50 Express that I wanted to sell, so I traded it on a couple old S&W revolvers. The one with ivory grips is a 44 Russian and the other gun is an extremely rare target model in 38-40.

I hope to be shooting them soon. I have been downsizing my gun collection and this went a long way to contribute to that success, as I did get rid of one gun and ended up buying 4 more…

IMG_3673.jpegIMG_3672.jpegIMG_3676.jpegIMG_3677.jpeg

Am I reading that right? Nearly 8k for both? Dang! Congrats

Man my 9 year old has better handwriting lol

I used to have an old S&W safety hammerless in 38s&w. It was made in 1896 if I recall correctly. Eventually I sold it as it wasn’t very practical, but it was a very fun little pistol at the range.

Besides the 8 grand, did you also have to give them your left testicle? Just asking. I bought a S&W Model 29-2 about 3 mod ago, and that was part of the deal. Fckers

Those are a bucket list revolver for me. I'll probably never own an original, but I'm enamored with the design.

Yes, that was my intention. I did sell one rifle, but bought 4 new guns, not accomplishing my plan of downsizing…

Yeah, but one rifle weighs the same as 3-4 pistols and takes up more space, so based on either volume/mass you're sort of downsizing.

giphy.gif

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back