MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Alone Season 7 has started

kansasdad

Once again "Alone" has started a new season. It is shown on the History Chanel. Oldtimers from HuntTalk will perhaps recognize a couple of threads regarding this show, as a member from here (not active recently) was a contestant on one of the Vancouver Island episodes.

And another thread as season three was kicking off..... https://www.hunttalk.com/threads/alone.272539/

This new season repeats last season's location with contestants being dropped off along Great Slave lake in NWT Canada with winter time approaching. 10 survivalists who self film, forage, hunt, and attempt to live the longest. Previous winners have won $500,000. Someone going the distance of 100 days will win $1 million.

I've only seen some of the first 2 seasons on netflix recently here, and while you can certainly detect the Hollywood elements if you look for them, I did find it entertaining and somewhat educational. They couldn't hunt then so that was lame, haven't seen any where they're actually hunting, so how does that work? They killing stuff with homemade weapons?

They can bring archery equipment,and most set out snares. Last season a contestant killed a moose. Mostly fish and small game taken. Mice for even smaller eating! I watch every episode. Some shelters are downright homey! Looking forward to Thursday night!

They can bring archery equipment,and most set out snares. Last season a contestant killed a moose. Mostly fish and small game taken. Mice for even smaller eating! I watch every episode. Some shelters are downright homey! Looking forward to Thursday night!

Yeah, the moose guy won the show right? It's a big pot of money...

Yes he did. Killed a wolverine trying to steal his food!

With his ax, in the dark. Righteous indignation that the creature dared to try to eat more of his moose cache. It had already eaten most of the moose fat that he had set aside. He had built a two story meat storage structure to keep land animals off, but absentmindedly left the removable ladder In place that allowed the wolverine access up to the first level.

His backstory included living in Siberia with reindeer herders for several years. He showed a very slick way to get his gill net
deployed with the lake frozen. Dude was there for the long haul, if necessary.

Last edited:
Keep your eye on the old boy from Alaska. He’s originally from PA and one of my best friends,his name is Roland Welker and he has lived and guided in Alaska for the last 20 years.He definitely has what it takes to make it 100 days.
So do you already know the outcome or is he not allowed to tell? I'm guessing he's not allowed to talk about it much but it would be interesting to be able to know the low down on the production.

Keep your eye on the old boy from Alaska. He’s originally from PA and one of my best friends,his name is Roland Welker and he has lived and guided in Alaska for the last 20 years.He definitely has what it takes to make it 100 days.
He called it during the show. He has nothing at home to make him tap early. He is an obvious favorite and his personality makes for some great tv!

I didn't understand why the dude in season 6 kept leaving his fat and fish up in the meat storage rack after all the bears were obviously in hibernation at that point. Drove me totally nuts!

Haven't seen any posts from dustinf on here in a while.
[/QUOTE]

I had a couple beers with him at BHA pint night here a year or two ago and he had essentially 'unplugged' no cell phone, no social media. He was doing well at the time.

I got inspired and started binge watching season 6 on Hulu yesterday......Ol boy going after that wolverine in the dark? Can't decide if that is bad a$$ or stupid. He's got stones, that for sure.

There was a fun story told about how their locations were determined: random selection revealed the location by eating a cupcake and finding the camp number inside.

I find it interesting to see how contestants mindsets have evolved over the seasons. This group continues the trend of “settlement thinking” over “mere enduring” thinking. 100 days this far north is gonna be no joke.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back